5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Talk to me about tinting the fog lights. What product do you use?

Also, what wheels did you get? What size?
Just a generic off the shelf tint. Double layered.

Soap, water, squeegee, heat gun.

18x8. Rays Volk.

These were take offs and sale on a local online ad. I lucked out with timing I guess. They sre an older model it seems, but they look great against that blue.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Window visors have been ordered.

And I'm done my shopping list. Just a waiting game for everything to come in.

Should have a very useful, fun, sporty touring vehicle by late October. And now I can just enjoy it. Other than some odds and ends (perhaps emblem change?).

Can't wait to get her undercoated, PPF'd and tackle some snowy winter conditions!!

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Sport
52 Posts
Your car looking great. You made good with getting the manual. I myself drive a 17 Impreza Sport with 5Speed. Your wheels are awesome. I wonder whats the offset? I have a set of Sparco Pro Corsa wheels 18x8 with 245/40-18 tires. I bought them from a guy in Kanas as a complete set. I might get 225/40-18 next to have the same tire diameter as the stock tires.
Everything else with your car coming along great. I also find your Jeep amazing! Keep it up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Looking great. I see you got snow already.
Yep. And put on the winters!

Today I was forced into changing out the stock shift boot as my clumsy cigarette dropped an ash while shifting, burning a hole.

No trouble. 15$ and 10 mins, I had blue accent stitching and a much thicker shift boot than factory as a nice detail for the interior. Of course it was just a cheap universal from Shamazon, Chy-nuh. Which means I'm gonna need to change the shifter knob itself as it doesn't work together well.

Already on it. Went with the exact same anodized model I had on my Type R integra back in university. Low and behold, good to know they are still in fashion! Ordered in blue anodized.

Photos of the boot installed:
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Will update when shift knob is in!

Shots with Yokohama ICO winter tire/steelie 205/45R17.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Grille

Pulls the tire/wheel shoulder way in compared to my summer wheel/tire combo.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Sport
52 Posts

Today I was forced into changing out the stock shift boot as my clumsy cigarette dropped an ash while shifting, burning a hole.

No trouble. 15$ and 10 mins, I had blue accent stitching and a much thicker shift boot than factory as a nice detail for the interior. Of course it was just a cheap universal from Shamazon, Chy-nuh. Which means I'm gonna need to change the shifter knob itself as it doesn't work together well.

Already on it. Went with the exact same anodized model I had on my Type R integra back in university. Low and behold, good to know theyare still in fashion! Ordered in blue anodized.

View attachment 29117

View attachment 29118 View attachment 29119

Already on it. Went with the exact same anodized model I had on my Type R integra back in university. Low and behold, good to know they are still in fashion! Ordered in blue anodized.

View attachment 29115
View attachment 29117

View attachment 29118 View attachment 29119

I really like the blue accents. Can't wait to see the blue shift knob. I have a Grim Speed knob that solid metal direct screw on. Even came with adaptor to hold the shift boot up. It's also made for cars that have pull up ring for reverse. It has a nice weight of one pound which helps making shifting much smoother like butter!
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car
Gear shift Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Steering part

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
21 - 39 of 39 Posts