5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I brought my new Impreza home from the store, the tires and TPMS was all fine. I took a long drive and the monitoring system light came up on my dash and I found that my rear right wheel was at around 18 psi, the manual specifies that the rear tires need to be around 32 psi. This reminds me of when my dad picked up his 2016 WRX and he had the same problem. He simply filled the tire with air, and never had the problem again. Hopefully mine is the same way.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Easy fix if it works - sounds like you will follow the pressure closely in case you picked up a nail. TPMS can be a great system when it works, and the dash display of individual pressures (premium trim and up) makes it an easy check.

Make sure you fill the correct tire (note for the future - the TPMS display locations on these cars apparently don't shift automatically when you rotate the tires, the system needs to be reprogrammed by dealer$).

My Impreza was delivered at 42 psi all around - shipping pressure. Doesn't seem like they ever checked them before delivery!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts