5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get either of these for their '17 yet? I'm pretty thrifty so the Huskies appeal to me, but I'm willing to spend extra for WeatherTech if someone has a good reason that I should.

www [dot] weathertech [dot] com /subaru/2017/impreza/floorliner-digitalfit/
www [dot] huskyliners [dot] com /WeatherBeater-Floor-Mats/2017/subaru/impreza
(sorry apparently I can't post links yet)

Any other good options I missed?

I got the all-weathers as part of the "factory installed accessories" bundle (LOL - take them out of the trunk and charge me less!) but they don't have enough coverage for my liking.
Related: If anyone wants to suggest a fair price for them and set up a shipping label I'm happy to make a deal. Same goes for my factory carpet mats. (don't see anything specific in forum rules about selling but if this is out of line let me know and I will edit / remove).

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I don’t have any experience with Husky, but I had WeatherTech mats in my previous vehicle and they were great. They kept the floors pretty clean especially in the back. I’m planning on getting either set for the Impreza at some point, but for now I’m using the OEM ones. Through my insurance (Allstate) I get a 10% discount on WeatherTech so I’m leaning towards those.

From what I read the Husky mats offers slightly better coverage area under the pedals compared to WeatherTech. For the Husky mats you will have to cut out the fuel cap opening if you choose. If it was me though I’d leave it covered and just lift the mat (dirt always finds its way into that area making it difficult to clean it).

I don’t think you can go wrong with either. Both will keep your interior from getting destroyed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool - that extra coverage + cheaper and lifetime warranty might mean I do Husky. Right now the only advantage I see for Weather Tech is I like their ridge pattern better cause it's less busy. lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Huskys and so far they are great. I went for them because I heard they have better coverage and are $40 cheaper. They do have lots of coverage under the pedals and a near 100% perfect fit. I say near because there is a little spot on the driver's mat right by the foot rest area that isn't completely flush. I may call the company to see if they can address this.

I can't comment on the weathertech since I didn't get those.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Anyone get either of these for their '17 yet? I'm pretty thrifty so the Huskies appeal to me, but I'm willing to spend extra for WeatherTech if someone has a good reason that I should.

www [dot] weathertech [dot] com /subaru/2017/impreza/floorliner-digitalfit/
www [dot] huskyliners [dot] com /WeatherBeater-Floor-Mats/2017/subaru/impreza
(sorry apparently I can't post links yet)

Any other good options I missed?

I got the all-weathers as part of the "factory installed accessories" bundle (LOL - take them out of the trunk and charge me less!) but they don't have enough coverage for my liking.
Related: If anyone wants to suggest a fair price for them and set up a shipping label I'm happy to make a deal. Same goes for my factory carpet mats. (don't see anything specific in forum rules about selling but if this is out of line let me know and I will edit / remove).
I got the OEM all weather mats, but I found that they are super thin & provide hardly any protection, but I didn't want to spend a fortune. I done a little research online & found this article, which may be of use to you. The Best Car Floor Mats and Liners | The Wirecutter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love Wirecutter / Sweethome, and I actually read that review which is how I found the Husky ones.

It's kind of not that helpful in this case for differentiating between them, because the knocks on Husky are the nibs hurting your fingers when you remove them (what?!?) and the selection. Don't care about the former and the latter doesn't apply since they are available for the Gen 5.

Looks like it's going to come down to price, which means I should just go order the Husky ones now!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I love Wirecutter / Sweethome, and I actually read that review which is how I found the Husky ones.

It's kind of not that helpful in this case for differentiating between them, because the knocks on Husky are the nibs hurting your fingers when you remove them (what?!?) and the selection. Don't care about the former and the latter doesn't apply since they are available for the Gen 5.

Looks like it's going to come down to price, which means I should just go order the Husky ones now!
You get what you pay for I guess :smile2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also have Huskys for front and back. Pictures here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1KPwOUbH7LlVEMyNFpRNW1kX0k
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1KPwOUbH7LlYWcxUTNlQWJ3NlU
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1KPwOUbH7LlVFVfZm14TlVTMWM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1KPwOUbH7LldDk4RUc1REZaMTQ

I really like them. They seem to fit flat except on left side of passenger which isn't too bad right now.

On another forum, pictures of WeatherTech here:
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2825267&page=15

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I prefer to have the dead pedal completely covered so it appears Husky is the right choice to this. I noticed on their website you have to buy all front and second row mats though. Is there not an option for only the front row?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks - these were helpful! I did end up going with Husky and so far I'm very happy. The tread pattern on them looks much better in person - that was my only hangup before purchasing.

I prefer to have the dead pedal completely covered so it appears Husky is the right choice to this. I noticed on their website you have to buy all front and second row mats though. Is there not an option for only the front row?
I think they can only be purchased together. Local Husky dealer quoted me separate or together for WeatherTech but only together for Husky.
That being said, I got them for $122 on Amazon, and that seller just lowered them again to $115. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y3S8Y1X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Man I miss Amazon's price matching policy :(

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Thanks for link. Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on this. Thats a good price for 4 husky mats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1 Husky

I had Weathertech mats in my 2009 Impreza but decided to order in the Husky mats for my 2017 and try them out. Gotta say that I prefer the Husky over the Weathertech now. They are slightly more rubbery than the WTs, which I prefer, and they have the little nubs on the bottom to prevent slipping which was an issue in the back row of my 2009.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I guess I have never felt the need, my Subaru winter matts have always worked fine for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had those Weather tech mats in my '07 WRX and LOVED them. Until they started curling inwards.............. Anyone know of Weather tech has fixed that problem from occurring?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I had those Weather tech mats in my '07 WRX and LOVED them. Until they started curling inwards.............. Anyone know of Weather tech has fixed that problem from occurring?
I have had Weather Tech mats in just about every vehicle I've owned over the last 15 years and never had a curling issue. Did you ever contact them when it happened? If not, shame on you. They have always been a great company to deal with.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'll post my Husky pics here too..

I got the Husky's because of budget and potential cover to the floor latch. (Which ended up working great!)

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I've got Husky Liners as well. A bit of a fitment issue in the back, seems they didn't get the measurements 100%. However, I rarely have people in the back of my car and don't plan to drive in the snow too much or at all. I have a Chevy Tahoe for bad weather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the OEM all weather mats, but I found that they are super thin & provide hardly any protection, but I didn't want to spend a fortune. I done a little research online & found this article, which may be of use to you. The Best Car Floor Mats and Liners | The Wirecutter
The new factory all weather mats are thinner than the last gernation and neither of them have the coverage of the Husky / Weathertech mats.

I got the Husky's because of the larger coverage area, price, and warranty. Even though I know a few people personally that swear by the Weathertech's.

So far they look like they are doing well but I haven't removed them to look underneath yet. The real proof will be when the snow flies.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts