5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I did a quick Light mod to my 19' hatch that I thought I'd share
My car didn't come with come with stock fog lights but I decided to add some red halo lights that sit in the same position as where the fogs would be.
I was able to find some red halos on ebay that would fit the inner ring and actually had the ability to flash orange with my blinker, which I think is a nice touch.
I bought a wiring harness for adding fog lights off amazon but used it for these lights so it has its own inline fuse, and used a fuse tap but ended up finding an empty slot in my fuse box that only powered up with the car, which was convenient. The fuse tap runs power to switching the lights on, as there is no button, but they are powered by a direct line to the battery. Finally I wire tapped each of the directionals to run a wire to the halos which flash with the directional, hazards, and when the car locks and unlocks.
Doesn't throw much light, but it gives the car a cool look. Sorry if the picture quality isn't the greatest.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks cool!
I'd heed the others warnings however as states differ on what kind/color of lights you can have on the exterior of your car and do some research.
Otherwise if it's something you can turn on and off or change colors with an app or something i'd just do that when driving.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here's what I found while looking at a few different state laws and police forums.
Screenshot_20200208-020837.png
Screenshot_20200208-021053.png

It's likely that most, if not all state have the same restrictions on light colors.
Please be safe and be careful. It would be a shame for someone in our community to go down for something this simple. When you see people like me and some above advising you not to have something on your car it's not because we are being jerks. I feel like I can speak for some of the moderators here (CJ, I see you in almost every thread that I'm in). We legitimately want to look out for one another. So when we see an illegal mod we speak up, because you may or may not know. All that being said, in regards to section 8(c), I may or may not have tint on my rear bumper reflectors.🤫oopsie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hahah no, not in jail, in school. But yeah, figured there was something to not having red in front but they were super cheap and am a huge fan of different. But yes, they are easily disabled, so y'all can sleep easy at night 😉. Appreciate the help fellas, y'all jump on it fast.

Keep on modding 🤙🤙

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here's a cool idea if your looking for something cheap. I'm sure the output probably sucks but they look the part.
Found them on AliExpress
Screenshot_20200212-105306.png

1 - 14 of 14 Posts