5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone have any experience installing these? I have the base model 2018 Impreza Hatchback. I'm not too electronically savvy.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I added the Subispeed OLM fog light kit to my 2017 base model. The kit included 2 fog lights, the Subaru bumper covers for them, and the Subaru dash switch. It works well, but you could save a little more money. There's no need to buy new bumper covers. They just sit in fron of the lenses. The center can just be trimmed off of the base model covers to make the same part. In my case, I have since then replaced mine with the chrome covers from a higher trim (either premium or limited) 57731FL040 and 57731FL050. The switch can be bought from Subaru and OEM looking aftermarket lamps can be bought from winjet or morimoto. In my base model, the wiring and relay were already in the car.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
256 Posts
If possible could someone provide the part numbers for the fog light button and the relay? I'm still debating on doing this, right now I have the sport with the LED's which I kind of like the look. If I do go with the fogs I'd like to get he Diode Dynamics lamps though. I'm not even sure if it can be done with existing wiring with the Sport model due to the way the DRL's are set up.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The sport is a bit different to add fog lights to than the other trims. It's wired a bit different. There's some write-ups on the site on adding fog lights to the sport.

·
Registered
621 Posts
This is an interesting option for sport models:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have that kit installed for the DRL's it's nice. They stay on with the headlamps I kind of like the look.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought the kit from Subispeed. Will be installing hopefully this week when I have some free time. It looks very simple. I'll post before and after pics for y'all

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any specifics on this kit? What bulbs and wattage do they have, and are these 'serious' fog/driving lamps, or are they just for show? How is the light pattern?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Any specifics on this kit? What bulbs and wattage do they have, and are these 'serious' fog/driving lamps, or are they just for show? How is the light pattern?
I 'second' these questions. Many of the products called "fog lights" do not live up to the task.
I am looking for REAL yellow fog lights which have a low focused, wide beam which gets out UNDERNEATH driving snow and fog and illuminates the sides of the road too. I drive in the dark EVERY DAY over 5 months a year and do not wish to spend money on something that is intended to 'look good'.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess I'll let ya know how these are once I install them. I also ordered a H11 LED yellow bulb that will replace the stock H11 halogens the fog lights came with.

·
Registered
256 Posts
the LED upgrade ones are actual fog lights that function well I have something similar on my Miata. Also for what it's worth fog lights are all about the beam pattern not the color, I've researched it and I can't find any scientific proof that there's any significant difference between white and yellow although I do like the look of yellow.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Has anyone with a Sport model installed the sport fog light kit? I'm trying to decide if I want to do this or not. I'm of two minds. I like my current setup where the DRL's are on all the time (harness kit installed) even with the headlamps. However, a quality set of fog lamps would actually be useful around here. I like the kit they provide with the upgraded LED assembles. I have a similar set in my Miata and man they work well, very bright wide and razor sharp cutoff edges to the beam. My problem is I don't want to loose having DRL's and I'm not crazy about the fogs being on all the time with the low beams but I suppose I can live that.

sport info
NOTE: For ease of installation and a clean install, there is no physical switch. This kit utilizes a relay and is triggered by the low beams. When your low beams are on, these fogs will illuminate.
<<<<

I think if I did this I'd want the Fogs to be on independently running off of maybe a relay triggered by the existing DRL's

Does anyone have a service manual wiring diagram that shows the difference between the sport wiring with the DRL's an Impreza with fogs?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The LED bulbs I bought that should arrive today are these. Great reviews. They almost look like a neon yellow instead of a dark yellow. Should look pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts