5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Premium Wagon
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I apologize if this topic had been covered in the past, but after searching this forum and online for a while, I haven't found an exact answer, hence the posting. Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm looking to install some Morimoto LED fog lights into my 2017 Subaru Impreza Premium Wagon that has the wiring harness for it but nothing else (stock fog light-less bezels, no relay, switch). I've purchased the fog lights, the fog light bezels and will be ordering a relay from a local dealership (cheapest in the area and online as well, weird) but wanted to have the switch on the turn signal stalk rather than on the lower cowl near the traction control and interior light dimmer switch as it isn't easy to see due to the steering wheel. I also feel this would look cleaner in appearance and similar to what my wife's 2007 Subaru Outback had.

Does anyone know/done this mod or is it simply not an option?

I've owned a 2005 WRX wagon and was able to piece together parts from other Subarus (Impreza window regulator and window switches) to avoid the WRX price increase and was hoping I could do the same here.

It appears that I might be able to use the turn signal/head light stalk switch assembly from a Legacy or possibly a WRX of similar generation that had fog light options, but don't want to order the parts before confirming this will work. I've blindly bought parts before hoping they would work but was wrong in the past (yay for previous owners not disclosing mods they have done).

I also have a feeling of I am successful in this endeavor, there might be some other wiring gremlins I'll have to deal with.

Ideally, the fog light button on the dash would illuminate once this is all said and done.

I very much appreciate any help with this.

· Registered
65 Posts
im no expert, but I don't believe that is an option for the Impreza wagon. You may be able to retro fit one? but I don't think this is a possibility. I would just buy the switch from the dealer and just plug and play

· Registered
2017 Impreza 5DR Limited (CVT) w/ES & NAV
70 Posts
The fog light switch is on my turn signal stalk on my Limited, but you would need to replace the entire stalk to add it to your car. It would be far easier to just add a switch on the dash.

Reactions: longboy

· Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
318 Posts
My Isuzu combination switch had to be replaced because the headlight wiring started smoking on a long drive from Witchita to KC, took roughly an hour to do, but its fairly labor intensive. You need to remove your steering wheel, the steering column covers, airbag, lower dash, and gauges cover.

On these cars I wouldn't know the full process but I imagine it to largely be the same. My fog light switch on the Isuzu however is on the panel left of the wheel, not hard to reach or see.

Those that have the lower dash switch can likely answer, but if its not a momentary switch and holds its position between power cycling the engine, I imagine most people wouldn't be toggling it too much unless necessary, leaving on or turning off until needed.

· Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Premium Wagon
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all of the responses. After a fruitless search over the past few days, I've decided to go the route of installing the switch in the lower dash cowl rather than guinea pig the turn signal stalk idea. No need to make this more complicated nor expensive than it already is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts