5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be common knowledge, but I did a search here and didn't see any references to it.

Last night I was pulling up to a red light and there was already 1 car stopped ahead of me that was signaling to turn "right on red". I stopped behind them and a few seconds later they had an opening and turned. They had already stopped past the line so after they turned there was no reason for me to pull up any further.

A couple seconds later the car beeped at me and a warning on the dash said "the car ahead has moved forward" (or something to that affect). I guess this is the "hey, the light turned green...you can quit FB stalking now" feature. :smile2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, I already mentioned this in another post:
http://www.impreza5.com/forum/9-2017-impreza-general-discussion-forum/4201-its-little-things.html

It's definitely a nice little feature to nudge you out of daydream mode while driving.

:)
Hey Jojo I noticed you're in Arlington! I just moved from MA down to Vienna :)

Back to the topic on hand I will say I officially wish I had eyesight now haha. There is a lot of traffic going between VA and MD where I work and I have noticed a couple times that I get distracted and don't realize a car ahead of me has started moving.

Reactions: Jojo613

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't feel too bad, because on the DC beltway when it is true stop and go, your car would
come to a complete stop alot. After about 2 seconds fully stopped, the adaptive cruise would
shut off. When the traffic is moving, as slow as it might be, it works great then.

If there are no gaps and then big gaps in the traffic, it works, but can be annoying as it
speeds up hard only to have to slow down quickly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't feel too bad, because on the DC beltway when it is true stop and go, your car would
come to a complete stop alot. After about 2 seconds fully stopped, the adaptive cruise would
shut off. When the traffic is moving, as slow as it might be, it works great then.

If there are no gaps and then big gaps in the traffic, it works, but can be annoying as it
You can change the settings on how it accelerates in the info menu if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
117 Posts

Yep I have a loaner currently and have gotten the chance to test out the eyesight functions and it is great and all but definitely not worth the extra cost associated with it. I will say I hate the lane assist, it really jerks the wheel back hard if you go too close to the lines and it scared me when it did.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't mind the strong action done by the Lane Keep Assist because it alerts me to staying in the lane. This is helpful when I'm tired after a long drive. An option is turn on the Lane Keep Assist and depend on the Lane Departure Warning, which as the name suggests simply warns and may not always be adequate in certain cases.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Steering wheel resistance

Yep I have a loaner currently and have gotten the chance to test out the eyesight functions and it is great and all but definitely not worth the extra cost associated with it. I will say I hate the lane assist, it really jerks the wheel back hard if you go too close to the lines and it scared me when it did.
Yes I would call a small jerk, and if you’re not used to it can scare you, but I find it nice, easy to get used to and love the resistance the steering wheel gives when it sees both lines. > 40 m/hr - I believe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts