5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 18' Sport a couple days ago and my dealership informed me that all oil changes and tire rotations are included for the first 3yrs/36,000 miles, as they handed me the keys. I felt like I won a prize! Being my 1st Subaru, is this common practice?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Not at my dealership :surprise:

Reactions: csroc

·
Registered
84 Posts
I purchased my 18' Sport a couple days ago and my dealership informed me that all oil changes and tire rotations are included for the first 3yrs/36,000 miles, as they handed me the keys. I felt like I won a prize! Being my 1st Subaru, is this common practice?
Congrats! It is complimentary. I'm not sure about all dealerships. I bought my Impreza sport in California and it comes with free 2 yr oil changes & tire rotations with free Emergency Roadside Assistance for 3 yrs/36,000 miles whichever comes first.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
My first 4 oil changes are free, that's about it. Lifetime free inspection as well. I'll take mine to the dealership while the car is under warranty. After that I'll take it somewhere else.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sure sounds like they're a good dealer to continue using, hopefully during the free service period they can demonstrate how good/bad their level of customers service is. After these cars are sold to us, its servicing that they really make money on, its the dealerships bread and butter.

·
Registered
469 Posts
My first 4 oil changes are free, that's about it. Lifetime free inspection as well. I'll take mine to the dealership while the car is under warranty. After that I'll take it somewhere else.
My dealer "offers" free PA safety inspections but charges about $50 for PA emissions (which is basically a scam, sorry, scan of the OBDII and no dash lights - the car already did all the work!) So they make their profit and have a chance to offer you $95 wiper replacements and other profit center ticks. :surprise:

·
Registered
232 Posts
My first 4 oil changes are free? (they charge a high pre-delivery service charge). They call it
a maintenance agreement. Sure, they will check filters and brakes hoping to sell replacement
parts. My dealer brings the air filter and cabin air filter to me in the waiting room. Most people
say to change them.

Clifton

·
Registered
68 Posts
My dealer said nothing about free oil changes and can't find any mention of it in the paperwork.
However, when we took the car in for first oil change we were told it was free, courtesy of the sales department. No mention of future oil changes' costs.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I was given a Subaru factory 2 year / 24K miles free service plan that can be used at any subaru dealer in the country. Got the same on my wife?s 17 Forester.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i added a package that my dealer offered which was lifetime oil changes. the catch was that it limits 4 per year, the mark is the anniversary date of the purchase. It helps me some what because i bought my impreza as a serious commuter. 18k miles probably by beginning of December. i purchased March 1st

1 - 10 of 10 Posts