5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is that easier (the red stripe) to do with plasti dip or pinstripe tape? Which is more durable?
My car is Crimson Red Pearl and I am looking to do some type of brilliant blue type accents, especially on the chrome trim on the grille. I have to see what I need to do to take that trim out. Grille is broken right now (deer strike) and car not being driven.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the pinstripe tape was super easy to do, i have no experience with plasti dip. From what ive seen tho, plasti dip is the "go to" stuff for deleting plastic chrome trim. vinyl would be another route.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You need to remove bumper to pull off the grill. Use pinstripe tape, and dont get the bs stripe kits online. It's like $4 for a roll of 1/4" pinstripe at autozone. You can do the front and rear and more. Highly encourage you blackout the fake chrome via plastidip or vinyl first, it'll look funky otherwise on the silver/fake chrome.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
You need to remove bumper to pull off the grill. Use pinstripe tape, and dont get the bs stripe kits online. It's like $4 for a roll of 1/4" pinstripe at autozone. You can do the front and rear and more. Highly encourage you blackout the fake chrome via plastidip or vinyl first, it'll look funky otherwise on the silver/fake chrome.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I did buy a roll of silver from the auto store for another car. They do have wide stuff, so I'll have to check again. I would like to do a metallic vivid blue because the car is red.

·
Registered
135 Posts
the pinstripe tape was super easy to do, i have no experience with plasti dip. From what ive seen tho, plasti dip is the "go to" stuff for deleting plastic chrome trim. vinyl would be another route.
What width tape did you use?

I was thinking at least 1/2" and did do some searching.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
474 Posts
Looks really nice, I like it! Bummer your state has a front plate :( Here in KS we don't but they had to get my car from MO and it had the holes drilled in the bumper and a plate holder when I got it. I put a Kartboy plate like your nameless one on mine to cover the holes.

·
Registered
2020 Impreza Sport 5Dr
14 Posts
Shout out to Dialogue for the inspiration to yellow them out. the red stripe really stands out on the all black front end. Taking more pix tonight.
Did you use a vinyl wrap for the DRL? If so did you end up pulling the bumper off to get to the lights or just send it. I’m going to be doing this soon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts