5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone installed the front license plate with a bracket/frame of some kind?

There are two pre-dented impressions for the front license plate on my car (no predrilled holes). See picture attached for the pre-dented impressions.

Any solid and sure recommendations about what kind of bracket/frame to get? And where to get it?

I'm not looking to put the license plate on the side, but keep it in the center and according to those two pre-dented impression on the front bumper.

-RH

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
surprized dealer did not install brackets. In MN they usually supply dealer logo frames or dealers stock chrome suburu frames.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Realized be good to ask the dealership. My salesman is going to hook it up. Thanks for helping me think of the most obvious place to check first. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
yep, dealer puts those on usually. i actually made a request for them to not put the front license plate since i hate that they drill it through the bumper. they're pretty lenient here in sd when it comes to the front lic plate.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Before drilling into your bumper you might want to consider getting a hideaway plat system that mounts under the bumper. I don't know about you but I rather not drill into my bumper if I don't need to:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would definitely go with the hideaway, but didn't they provide you with the plate mounting and bracket things in a plastic in the trunk?? There supposed to either install it for you or leave it in the trunk so you can do it if you want to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Incredible feedback, thanks everyone! Didn't even know about that hideaway approach. I may leave it off for a while and see if I can install a hideaway.

·
Registered
163 Posts
They definitely are great once you don't plan on lowering the car. Quite a few options out on the market, some are manual that you flip and tuck away, but some are real cool and they're motorized so you can have a remote on your key chain and control when it comes out and goes in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
May be a stupid question, but how is the hideaway plate system legal in states that require a visible license plate on the front of the car? Maybe I don't understand how it works. Does it flip up or something? I was going to buy the Grimm Speed license plate relocation kit and mount it where the tow hook is located in front of the car, but it's a pretty expensive solution. I don't really like the look of the plate when it's off-centered (which it would be if I utilized the tow hook), but I don't really want to drill holes in the front bumper of my new '17 Sport. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
May be a stupid question, but how is the hideaway plate system legal in states that require a visible license plate on the front of the car? Maybe I don't understand how it works. Does it flip up or something? I was going to buy the Grimm Speed license plate relocation kit and mount it where the tow hook is located in front of the car, but it's a pretty expensive solution. I don't really like the look of the plate when it's off-centered (which it would be if I utilized the tow hook), but I don't really want to drill holes in the front bumper of my new '17 Sport. Thanks
Nevermind I looked up the hideaway system. I'm good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yup, perfectly legal as long as you use it in a manner that's legal. The only real deciding factor i've seen is whether to get manual or automatic (comes with remote fob), manual for me is always the way to go. Rather avoid any potential issues.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Boxer inside wheir did you get the license plate holder?
Right now my plate is tie wrap to the bottom grill not blocking airflow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts