5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My State requires a front license plate.

Has anybody found a good front license plate bracket?

Apparently Subaru is not making them yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Look up the "IMPREZA LICENSE PLATE RELOCATION KIT" on grimmspeed.

"LICENSE PLATE RELOCATION KIT - 2013+ SUBARU BRZ/SCION FR-S, 2010+ LEGACY/OUTBACK, 2017+ IMPREZA (NON-TURBO)"

I'm in CA, so the dealer had already drilled my license plate frame onto the bumper (i didn't pre-order). But man I really wish they hadn't so I can go with this relocation kit. (I still can, but I really don't want to the plate delete.)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had the another kit on my brz until I noticed my plate started bending a little bit. Should've gotten the Grimmspeed one. I just ended up taking the plate off and stuck it in my windshield. I eventually got 3 warnings for it so I zip-tied it under the grill.. you can barely see it BUT it's still on the front. It's all in the details ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went with the SkeneDesign adjustable one --medium size @$50, for my WRX. Since it is height adjustable, one of theirs will fit the new Impreza. Here's what mine looks like, meeting my State's strict front plate requirement, and mine of being centered and as low as possible.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Roadtrip the WRX looks really nice.
The licence plate pretty good where it is but I like
more airflow.
I know we don't have a mouth on the impreza's but my plate is going to disappear and back down when stopped.
Hopefully my pic of my other will show up.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
If your state doesn't require front license plates but the dealers already put the screws in, is there something to cover the holes? I'm on the fence of putting a nifty Subaru logo plate on the front.

·
Registered
200 Posts
In Ont. Can. plates are required but I am going stainless gate hinge to the undertray. After or less than 5mph plate is gone stop it's down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad you have found a solution that will work for you! Just a caution to others, that those hide a plates would not work with the 2017 Impreza Subaru front underspoiler/splitter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does the 2017 Impreza have the standard "dimples" of where to drill holes for the license plate bracket? My dealership put on their plate directly on the bumper, but I want to mount a bracket if the existing holes lines up.

·
Registered
308 Posts
In Ont. Can. plates are required but I am going stainless gate hinge to the undertray. After or less than 5mph plate is gone stop it's down.
How much does it stick down, I would be worried about scraping it as sometimes I go through places with steep inclines on driveways

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am lucky that I told the salesperson not to drill the front plate holes. For now, I have the plate held with zip ties on the bottom portion of the bumper. I plan on getting the relocation kit for the tow mount.

·
Registered
200 Posts
How much does it stick down, I would be worried about scraping it as sometimes I go through places with steep inclines on driveways
One of two images use at your own risk

My driveway is steep so I approach it differently

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Just picked my 2018 subie up yesterday. Had the relocation kit before I got the car. Cheap one off Amazon. I also instructed the dealer not to drill before I picked it up, and did the front mount myself in their parking lot.
I just don't get it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just don't get it.
It's so you don't have to drill holes into the bumper. I agree it would look better in a different location however, but I would rather not have holes in the bumper and deal with the problems that come with that.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
It's so you don't have to drill holes into the bumper. I agree it would look better in a different location however, but I would rather not have holes in the bumper and deal with the problems that come with that.
Ok I understand that, I just hate the look of having it sticking out of the side like that. If I had caught the dealer before they put holes in the bumper I would have put L brakets under the bumper space and mounted it lower (in the center). But that ship has sailed.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
^^^this. I don't care for how either above look...the side looks ridiculous and the bottom of the front bumper close to street level just looks...well..................................

Reactions: C J
1 - 20 of 33 Posts