5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone tried to mount a sti lip on their impreza yet?

Tempted to order a replica first before dropping $300 bucks and it not fit

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm waiting for front lip and side skirts for this car as well.

I was tempted to order one for the 2015 WRX since the dimentions look close, but I didn't end up buying it.

Let us all know if it fits!! I would love to find a lip that fits.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm waiting for front lip and side skirts for this car as well.

I was tempted to order one for the 2015 WRX since the dimentions look close, but I didn't end up buying it.

Let us all know if it fits!! I would love to find a lip that fits.

Its ordered, ill post some pictures of it installed if it actually has a close "fit"

·
Registered
229 Posts
A homedepot lip would be a great solution while waiting for something cheap that looks good.

Hopefully fitting that 2015 lip won't require too much work. Seen some similar fittings that required chopping the lip in half.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Be aware that the WRX currently is still based on the 4th Gen Impreza. Whether you can make this fit on a 5th Gen Impreza will likely be up to your own creativity.

·
Registered
778 Posts
What about that EZ-Lip rubber front lip thing for a temporary solution ? Easy to apply, fairly cheap, looks pretty decent and holds up very well.

https://www.ezlip.com/
that is actually pretty cool. its inexpensive and looks decent. may be worth giving it a try...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow, that lip from japan is nice, but its 700 CAD shipped.

The old lips were based off of the 4th gens but not for the impreza. Those lips required 1 or 2 inches to be cut off in the middle to fit.

Our cars are wider then the 4th gen impreza and dimensions are closer.

I'll wait to see if the ordered sti lip will fit from OP.

If it does, those can be had for around 200 CAD shipped, which would be so much easier on the wallet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its ordered, ill post some pictures of it installed if it actually has a close "fit"
Just to add, I'm waiting patiently for the pics! Let us know if you had to modify the lip to fit as well.

Very interested!

·
Registered
308 Posts
JapanParts.com is typically a much more expensive site and there are other resources out there to get it for a good bit cheaper. Just to find them. Shipping will also take a year and a sunday I've been told.

I think a lot of us are waiting on OP though!

@2017SportHatch it is pretty cool and they even have tutorials on youtube and what not to show how to install around curves and edges and how well it holds up. Worth a check out!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
fwiw, subaru is releasing the lip and side skirts this summer. here are the part numbers...

STI Front Under Spoiler: E2410FL000
STI Side Under Spoiler: E2610FL010
STI Rear Quarter Under Spoiler: E5610FL010

·
Registered
37 Posts
fwiw, subaru is releasing the lip and side skirts this summer. here are the part numbers...

STI Front Under Spoiler: E2410FL000
STI Side Under Spoiler: E2610FL010
STI Rear Quarter Under Spoiler: E5610FL010

Do you have a source for this?

·
Registered
229 Posts
it just came in the mail today, so we will see what happens
Mind sharing how they shipped the lip?

This is always one area i'm concerned about or at the least curious. Some lip makers have interesting ways of shipping them. One time I got a poly lip folded 3 times like a letter. :grin2:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I hate when that happens. Then you have to leave it outside in the sun to form back, it's annoying over everything else lol.

I typically ask that question first when I'm buying parts though as I go through a local shop. Once I even convinced them that if they really couldn't get it the way it should be, to leave it outside and call me whenever they felt it was straightened out properly.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts