5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Subaru brace requires all three nuts be removed on each strut. What would be the best way to keep the struts from moving, weight on the tires, or lifted? Or to I just get the alignment checked after?

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,174 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That brace only uses two mount nuts. I need to know if all three loose make a difference.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
287 Posts
just unscrew the bolts, put the brace, then screw the bolts back, you're not building a rocket ship 🤷

Reactions: ajahearn

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I see you have the STI brace, so should know. I guess it won't move enough to matter, from your response. Going to order a new title tomorrow, then put the brace on, if it's not raining.

·
ModFather
1,174 Posts
I've installed many front strut braces and also front struts themselves. It takes a lot of work to get the top hats to move even a little. Trust me nothing is going to move. The full weight of the car is resting on the top hat those bolts are attached to. You could remove all 6 nuts and drive around. Short of catching air with the car, you'd be fine for the most part.

Reactions: ajahearn

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. It's not clear from the service manual diagrams that is the case, and I can't see that area clearly from underneath. So, lifting it would be the mistake.

·
ModFather
1,174 Posts
Depends on who you talk to about lifting it. It could preload the bar but honestly that just makes it harder to reach to do the install. I'm pretty short :)

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Popped it on today - went on real easy. They even sent a spare set of flange nuts.
Test drive, and it was a bit better behaved on some hard, flat turns. It felt like the tires were the weak point, now. Yokohama makes some good tires, but these aren't them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a red nameless strut tower brace on my 17 Impreza Sport sedan and I love it. The area where I drive around I can feel the difference going around turns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts