smartphone conectivity
SiriusXM
All weather mats
power seat
back up camera
cargo tray
splash guards
Only 630 miles

involved in small fender bender accident, both front and rear bumpers damaged. No airbags deployed! Replaced rear bumper assembly, repaired and repainted front bumper cover. have pictures of damages. Professionally repaired, like new. Rebuilt title

$15,995 firm

Was $26,074 new

971-303-5920
Portland OR

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Small fender bender gets a rebuilt title? Not in my book! :surprise:
There are many cars that that have minor damage like bumper and hood, or bumper and fender and are sold with salvage titles, and then there is an equal amount of cars with frame damage sold with clean titles. each car is different. Thats why its a good idea to have pictures of the accident and inspect any used car as you may be buying something that was damaged significantly but retained its clean title. go to copart or iaa and search for clean title cars and you will see what im talking about

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Small fender bender, 630 miles, and it gets a rebuild title? Something tells me that we are not getting anything close to the fill story on this one
Something tells me you dont have much previous experience with rebuilt titles... its ok. Need to do your due diligence and research the subject before assuming things. I even provided websites that you can look up salvage cars on.

So basically: someone bought a new car, drove it for a couple hundred miles, got in an accident, insurance wrote it off for one reason or another, it got a salvage title, i rebuilt it... easy enough to understand i think

·
Registered
778 Posts
um, the pics he's posted are more than a small fender bender. the front and rear bumpers were knocked clean off, which means the supports were damaged as well. if it were just the bumper covers, no way would it need a rebuilt title.

I would definitely pass on it, I don't buy wrecked cars PERIOD. I myself am way too picky to deal with problems like that.

what he is asking for it is probably close to what KBB trade in value is on a NON wrecked car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
um, the pics he's posted are more than a small fender bender. the front and rear bumpers were knocked clean off, which means the supports were damaged as well. if it were just the bumper covers, no way would it need a rebuilt title.

I would definitely pass on it, I don't buy wrecked cars PERIOD. I myself am way too picky to deal with problems like that.

what he is asking for it is probably close to what KBB trade in value is on a NON wrecked car.

The bumpers were not knocked off, they were removed by the insurance company... they are held in place by clips and are easily removable to do inspection of damage. also the front bumper was repaired and reused and i have pictures of that dent on it being fixed. kbb value for this car with clean title is 23-25k, trade in value is 20-23k.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The bumpers were not knocked off, they were removed by the insurance company... they are held in place by clips and are easily removable to do inspection of damage. also the front bumper was repaired and reused and i have pictures of that dent on it being fixed. kbb value for this car with clean title is 23-25k, trade in value is 20-23k.
hmm, so the bumpers weren't knocked off and they rebuilt the title? I find that almost impossible to believe. if the airbags didn't deploy and there was no other damage besides each bumper cover, you are looking at about $2000 damage and I am high balling that. there is NO WAY they should have rebuilt the title for that. you sir, got screwed royally on that deal. either your insurance company is full of complete morons, or your body shop wrote up a whole lot of damage we aren't seeing.

·
Registered
778 Posts
actually just realized you bought the car solely to sell and I am guessing hope to turn to a small profit. while I can appreciate that just as much as the next guy, I don't think you will have much luck on this forum. I could be wrong but I doubt it. the people on here already have the car they want or are getting the car they want, and want to be part of this forum community.

good luck with your sale. maybe someone will take you up on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm, so the bumpers weren't knocked off and they rebuilt the title? I find that almost impossible to believe. if the airbags didn't deploy and there was no other damage besides each bumper cover, you are looking at about $2000 damage and I am high balling that. there is NO WAY they should have rebuilt the title for that. you sir, got screwed royally on that deal. either your insurance company is full of complete morons, or your body shop wrote up a whole lot of damage we aren't seeing.
Obviously you haven't dealt with many rebuilt titles, so to you it seems outrageous that a lightly damaged car gets a rebuilt title. But i can show you a ton of other pictures from my rebuilds, and even screen shots of these listings at insurance auctions, which will show that they are all light damage and all have salvage/rebuilt titles. In fact just finished a 2011 Audi S4 kbb value 25K (new 57k) light damage, replaced: front bumper cover, grille and hood, and you guessed it-rebuilt title... for under 4k damage

Im not trying to make a quick buck, I put my time, money and effort into rebuilding them, I have a shop and specialize in 2010+ Audis and 2011+ Subarus

Cars dont get rebuilt titles just because of extensive damage... sometimes its the exaggerated estimate for repair from a couple shops, sometimes its the expensive price of new parts that the owner insist on using because used parts are not acceptable, sometimes its owners that dont want a car that have been in an accident.

Let me try to explain this from a different angle... imagine you bought a brand new car from dealership, have full coverage insurance on it...and a couple hundred miles later (618 to be exact) you get rear ended and you hit car in front. under 5k damage, but, hypothetically speaking, you're a very "difficult" person and you know that a car with an accident history on carfax will have a significantly diminished value compared to an accident free car (given both retain clean title, the insurance just pays to fix this car) so being the difficult person that you are, you ask the insurance company for "X" amount of money due to diminished value from this accident. So insurance company knows that they will lose x amount of money, but if they salvage the car and then sell it-they will recoup a minimum of 10K for example. So rather that deal with this said, difficult customer, they sell the car with a salvage title and get some of their money back. Its usually "not at fault" accidents that give more leverage to customers in asking for more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And like I said before, I encourage costumers to get inspections done on all used cars, rebuilt or not. Just because a car has a rebuilt title-doesn't mean its less reliable, or in worse condition than your clean title. Always get inspection...On rebuilt title cars to check for the quality of the rebuild, and on clean titles, because there are many cars at insurance auctions with clean titles but with extensive damage and sometimes even frame damage.

Rebuilt title cars are like refurbished electronics, damaged goods that have been repaired to factory specifications and sold at a great discount because of the damage history

·
Registered
778 Posts
you are correct, I haven't dealt with many (actually any) rebuilt titles. we have had a car totaled before and it had $27,500 worth of damage on a $32,000 car so obviously it was a no brainer. while the repair job in your pics look great and are probably just as good as factory, I would just never get into anything like that. I do not buy used cars unless I know the previous owner personally. that is just how I am. I am that very picky person who would be hard to deal with should my car be in an accident. I wish you the best of luck with your sale, it looks like a solid car at a great price for someone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts