5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling a used Perrin Performance Steering Dampener Lockdown. I only had this on my car for about a week before removing it. It's got a few cosmetic scratches on it from attempting to aid installation with a pair of channel locks. I'm selling for $50 shipped. PM with your email if interested and I'll send you a PayPal invoice.

More info here:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Curious what your thoughts were on this. Did you take it off because you didn't like the feel after you installed it? I have been looking into getting one but wanted to look into some reviews first.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
287 Posts
Curious what your thoughts were on this. Did you take it off because you didn't like the feel after you installed it? I have been looking into getting one but wanted to look into some reviews first.
Its the best upgrade for freeway driving you can make.

Reactions: HK Impreza Sport

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It made the steering a little too twitchy for my taste. Imagine driving fast on a bumpy road and you're bouncing up and down inside the car a little bit and a tiny bit of that movement is transferring through your arm to the steering wheel. Without the lockdown the steering is able to absorb the slight movements from your arm and the car remains driving dead straight. With the lockdown that same movement is transferred to the wheels because it's so direct, resulting in constantly having to micro manage the steering wheel. There are a lot of people on this forum that really like this mod, I'm just not one of them. I suggest trying it out for yourself. I happen to know where you can buy one right now for a great deal...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts