5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this build awhile ago, but I just thought I'd post about it since I'm doing some pretty big upgrades and dropped a few dollars on it.
Speakers- focal integration series 6.5 components in the front and 6.5 full range in the rear. I just ordered some Hertz Mille speakers since the Focals are struggling to keep up with the subs.
LOC- Audiocontrol LC7i
Amplifiers- Kenwood 4 channel, soon to be Hifonics BXX800W x4 and a Hifonics BXX 1200.1 for the subs.
SUBs!- 2 JL TW3s running at 600w each in custom box.
Head unit- Stock currently, but I have a 9.7in Android unit on the way.
I'll update when everything arrives.
  1. MVIMG_20200402_200907.jpg
    MVIMG_20200402_200854.jpg
    MVIMG_20200402_200851.jpg
    MVIMG_20200402_200844.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Hatch 5MT
107 Posts
Very nice! That probably sounds amazing right now, let alone with the Hertz. What are you doing for a head unit? I wasn't sold on the potential sound quality of any of the non-mainstream Android head units and went with a Kenwood DMX7705S myself.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice! That probably sounds amazing right now, let alone with the Hertz. What are you doing for a head unit? I wasn't sold on the potential sound quality of any of the non-mainstream Android head units and went with a Kenwood DMX7705S myself.
Here's the head unit I ordered

We will see what the sound quality is like. If I'm not happy with it then I'll be getting a DSP. I'll keep this thread updated as the upgrades come in. I'm incredibly excited for those Hertz speakers. I never thought I'd spend so much money on speakers, but the Mille series gets rave reviews.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adding sound deading to the doora. It's a work in progress that I should have done this week. It gives the door such a solid feel and sound when you close it now. I probably won't notice much of the sound benefits until all the doors are completed.
MVIMG_20200408_123918.jpg
MVIMG_20200408_123926.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
99 Posts
Adding sound deading to the doora. It's a work in progress that I should have done this week. It gives the door such a solid feel and sound when you close it now. I probably won't notice much of the sound benefits until all the doors are completed. View attachment 23112 View attachment 23113
I did my killmats last week and put it inside the door frame, underneath the moisture barrier and speaker, and then reapplied the moisture barrier. It is a lot easier to get your hands in there on the rear doors than the front.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
35 Posts
How much sq ft does it take to do the doors? I would like to do it to the doors, hatch, and rear cargo tray. Trying to figure out how much material it would take.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
99 Posts
How much sq ft does it take to do the doors? I would like to do it to the doors, hatch, and rear cargo tray. Trying to figure out how much material it would take.
If you do single layer you can do 4 doors and the cargo tray with 36sqft.

I was able to do the rear seat, trunk, and three doors. Trunk and rear seat with single layer, 3 doors with double. I had to buy some more and am about to go do my last door now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I bought two boxes of the stuff so I guess I'll be getting creative to try to use up all 72sqft. I'm tempted to pull the headliner and do the roof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My plan is to install Zapco ST-4X DSP amp (ST-4X DSP | ZAPCO) in my 2018 Impreza Sport (no HK package). Do You have a radio wiring diagram showing cables vs speaker's output channels? I have no clue where to connect LOC.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Love the sub enclosure! Is it sealed? Did you design it to spec, to tune it to a certain frequency?
Where's all your equipment located? Under seats?
And any reason you went with the LOC over an amp with DSP / standalone DSP module? Did you assume you'd be upgrading the head unit in the future anyway?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts