5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one?

We plan on installing a metal skid plate when our Impreza arrives. I thought about adding a drain valve while I'm at it.

I have on my F150 and it works great. It doesn't drip, drains the oil pan completely, and is recessed far enough to be well protected.

How do they sit on the Impreza? Does it fit to be internally flush with the bottom of the oil pan or does it intrude slightly, preventing complete oil drains?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone have one?

We plan on installing a metal skid plate when our Impreza arrives. I thought about adding a drain valve while I'm at it.

I have on my F150 and it works great. It doesn't drip, drains the oil pan completely, and is recessed far enough to be well protected.

How do they sit on the Impreza? Does it fit to be internally flush with the bottom of the oil pan or does it intrude slightly, preventing complete oil drains?

idk how similar they are but I had one on my 16WRX and it sat up in about 3 inches above the skidplate

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's a toughie, I've always seen them and really wanted to buy it but just never got around to doing it. If we could get a picture of the oil pan on the Impreza we could sort of gauge where it would sit. I really don't think it could be that bad though as it should function as any other.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had one on my 02 WRX and 08 STI and neither had any clearance problem. I honestly haven't been under the 17 Impreza to see set up down there yet.

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Do you think that's specific to our cars or just pulled over from the WRX?
I don't think our car uses a drain plug size that is different from other recent models. There's no reason to make a unique drain plug for each car model. Take a look at the "What This Fits" here:

#32195AA001: PLUG-OIL DRAIN. -M/#110410

Keep in mind this link is just for a standard drain plug to show that there is the same part for multiple cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 impreza sport, installed a fumoto valve on the 1st oil change, no clearance problems at all. I use them on all my vehicles.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have Fumoto on my 2017 Imp. since 5000 miles. Makes oil changes nearly dripless.

The 'secret' is the sequence: (Do this when engine is HOT!!!)
Vehicle is sitting ON GROUND.... no ramps necessary.
  1. Lie INFRONT of vehicle and slide pan underneath, open valve
  2. Stand up and SLOOWWWLLYY loosen oil-filter (allow filter to drain INTO engine and out valve)
  3. Remove filter, wipe sealing surface and install new filter.
  4. ---At this point, I wait until drips are at least 10 seconds apart---
  5. close valve
  6. refill crankcase

Here is link to Fumoto website for our Gen5 Imps. ==> https://www.fumotousa.com/cars-pickups-subaru-2017-impreza-2-0l-h4

There are FOUR different choices based on how you wish to use the valve..... no-nipple, short-nipple, long-nipple, adjustable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts