5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this idea on my way home from work. I wanted to pull more of the exterior blue into the cabin. Stopped at Autozone and bought some cheap vinyl. It took me a few minutes to perfect my technique but in the end it was under two hours from inception to completion!

The color is too dark so I might try to find something closer or switch to red because it matches the stitching and whatnot.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Btw: First mod, less than 24hrs of ownership!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here’s the cliff notes instructions in case anyone tries this:

Used a very low tack masking tape to lay on top of the trim then used a pencil to rub the outline onto the tape. Took the tape off the car and laid it onto the vinyl then carefully cut around the pencil line. After that it was simple as peel and stick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
It doesn't look that bad. Hopefully, you can find a turquoise or any island blue like color to match. Red will also look cool as well since it does have the red stitching. I did the same to my 2015 Corolla S since the exterior was blue.

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is a definite must do for me when the warm weather rolls around...or it gets slow at work and i can pull it in the garage

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any of you guys that do this please post pictures here! I’d love to see them!!

I bought some light blue vinyl to remake all of these. Once it warms up again or I find a heater I’ll apply the new stuff. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts