5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to Subaru, and newbie to this forum.

Previous "new" cars - '99 New Beetle TDI, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI.

Those of you familiar with VW TDI's know what happened - I sold it back to VW 12/19/16. I had known that was going to happen since ~June 2016. I started car shopping in late October/early November.

All my friends who drive Subies can't say enough about them. I also live on a dirt road on a hill - AWD seemed like a good idea. (A few days each winter, the VW's could not get up the hill, or I just decided not to travel that day.)

The Subaru website only had the 2016 model listed until mid-December. I did not realize that the 2017 was all-new, built in Indiana.

When I finally knew I was getting a check from VW (and it was sizable - $17,925) I started shopping, and only looked at Subaru.

The Subaru website pointed me at local dealers, with the dreaded "in transit" label. I wasn't all that thrilled with the models they were getting in.

Because Minooka Subaru in Moosic, PA, is a sponsor of the local public radio FM/TV station (WVIA), I thought to check them out (for whatever reason, the Subaru.com site did not offer them as an option)

They had a 2017 Sport 5 door with most of the options I wanted in "Lithium Red Pearl", arriving 12/28/16.

They were awesome - reserved the car for me, without a deposit.

A very happy camper so far!

Depending on how this winter goes, I may or may not get a set of snow tires and wheels for it (the low-profile *sport tires* may not be the best for winter driving. They handle superbly well currently.

But it is funny - checking out tirerack.com for winter tires/wheels and chrutchfield.com for subwoofers, and WeatherTech for floor mats - they were all caught by surprise, or just un-informed. Nothing available...

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Those sites definitely won't get anything on them for a little bit as they're now popping up to owners unfortunately. BUT huge congratulations to you and welcome to the forums! Do you plan on upgrading the complete audio system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those sites definitely won't get anything on them for a little bit as they're now popping up to owners unfortunately. BUT huge congratulations to you and welcome to the forums! Do you plan on upgrading the complete audio system?
Hello, GotBoost - thanks for the reply. WeatherTech did offer an option to email me when they have products available, so I signed up for that.

This Impreza has the Harmon Kardon speakers/amp - and it has *some* punch, but no real deep bass. I don't want to touch the head (too many possibilities to screw up something). I'm hoping someone will offer a powered sub w/enclosure that can patch into one of the existing speaker lines.

If only the auto manufacturers would offer a line output and suitable power source for subs under the seats or in the back.:rolleyes:

I'm a freelance musician (piano/organ accompanist for choirs and vocalists, church organist, cocktail pianist, the occasional local university/high school musical) - so I listen to a lot of music in the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, GotBoost - thanks for the reply. WeatherTech did offer an option to email me when they have products available, so I signed up for that.

This Impreza has the Harmon Kardon speakers/amp - and it has *some* punch, but no real deep bass. I don't want to touch the head (too many possibilities to screw up something). I'm hoping someone will offer a powered sub w/enclosure that can patch into one of the existing speaker lines.

If only the auto manufacturers would offer a line output and suitable power source for subs under the seats or in the back.:rolleyes:

I'm a freelance musician (piano/organ accompanist for choirs and vocalists, church organist, cocktail pianist, the occasional local university/high school musical) - so I listen to a lot of music in the car.
Glad to hear ! I'm a musician myself....work for large church...enjoy your new ride. I hope February gets here soon so I can get mine. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Darn, you guys are showing me up out here ! Haha just kidding, that's great that you guys are musicians, I envy you guys. Takes real talent :)

I'm sure you could possibly run an aftermarket powered enclosure or something, but you would have to run a line converter and run that power wire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
im looking to get weathertech's as well. i have the all weather mats but they do not offer any side coverage. So once those are available they will be the first thing i purchase for the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It may be awhile before items are available

I've been trying to get the back seat rear protection mats for my '17 hatchback. The dealer is useless, didn't have anything even in their computer system. Ordered some today from a Subaru parts supplier in NC on the web. Running this car with a 100 lb golden retriever who makes a fine mess of the back space with mud, hair, more mud and globs of gunk . I need this protection, now.

J501SFL400
1$ 46.76Rear Seat Back Protector

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been trying to get the back seat rear protection mats for my '17 hatchback. The dealer is useless, didn't have anything even in their computer system. Ordered some today from a Subaru parts supplier in NC on the web. Running this car with a 100 lb golden retriever who makes a fine mess of the back space with mud, hair, more mud and globs of gunk . I need this protection, now.

J501SFL400
1$ 46.76Rear Seat Back Protector
It is interesting that when I ordered my new Limited, they said that the back seat protectors ( not mats) could not be done at this time ? Makes no sense to me...perhaps they don't have them yet ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Impreza radio-FYI

Someone on this forum wondered about the radio. If you push the "off/volume knob the radio starts up when the engine is restarted. With my Premium hatchback, I found a quick push only mutes the radio. You have to depress the knob down for 5 seconds or so, hear a beep and then the radio is turned off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
was told same thing when I ordered on Dec. 30th. Dealer said they should get by the time car arrives in Feb. The car on showroom floor had already on. looked nice

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks @Tom, I have the same problem. Will try your suggestion and let you know if it works for me too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts