5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try and install it on my 2023 Impreza base 5 speed sedan when it comes in, i have a HKS muffler on order as well, and a muffler delete at home but i think it maybe to loud, but these came in just 4 days from AVO in Australia, going to take my time with them I know some people had some issues with rattling and sealing I’ve done a couple headers now on my turbo cars. Sometimes they need adjustments I’m pretty confident I can get them on.
Bicycle part Composite material Bumper Metal Auto part

Automotive tire Glove Gas Personal protective equipment Auto part

· Registered
2018 Impreza Limited
184 Posts
It may be a little bit probably gonna do it when it’s a little warmer out but I will update as I don’t see too many videos about these headers I know there’s one or two and I appreciate those trust me
They sound great. I still have yet to take them to a muffler shop and get the leak fixed. I don't know if the issue I had with the front pipe hitting the CVT bracket will exist for you since you have a 5 speed. That was my biggest problem, which forced me to make a new hanger bracket pushing it further to the right, which in term threw off the alignment of the other pieces which made it harder to seal. I used 2 gaskets between the cat pipe and res pipe, and that seemed to fix it. But that makes the flexible joint between the next pipes not line up and leak. So I'll just have to get a muffler shop to cut and weld to fix these issues. Apperently, the alstralian version of these cars is different, as AVO claims they have no issues with alignment. I spent several days, many hours each day trying everything to get the alignment right, nothing would fix it besides making a new bracket which in tern created more issues further down. Hopefully you don't have that issue.

· Registered
40 Posts
http://instagr.am/p/Cnk0SyzKXyz/ [/QUOTE]
They sound great. I still have yet to take them to a muffler shop and get the leak fixed. I don't know if the issue I had with the front pipe hitting the CVT bracket will exist for you since you have a 5 speed. That was my biggest problem, which forced me to make a new hanger bracket pushing it further to the right, which in term threw off the alignment of the other pieces which made it harder to seal. I used 2 gaskets between the cat pipe and res pipe, and that seemed to fix it. But that makes the flexible joint between the next pipes not line up and leak. So I'll just have to get a muffler shop to cut and weld to fix these issues. Apperently, the alstralian version of these cars is different, as AVO claims they have no issues with alignment. I spent several days, many hours each day trying everything to get the alignment right, nothing would fix it besides making a new bracket which in tern created more issues further down. Hopefully you don't have that issue.
I noticed all the AVO TurboWorld headers have a bit of rasp to them when the engine isn't under load. I'd think it's down to the resonator rather than the headers, and I know AVO sells their headers with the midpipe as well. Are you using the AVO midpipe?

· Registered
2018 Impreza Limited
184 Posts
I noticed all the AVO TurboWorld headers have a bit of rasp to them when the engine isn't under load. I'd think it's down to the resonator rather than the headers, and I know AVO sells their headers with the midpipe as well. Are you using the AVO midpipe?
[/QUOTE]

I'm using a sysms quad tip muffler and nameless midpipe with a new resonator (no idea what it is) with the avo headers+front pipe

· Registered
40 Posts
I'm using a sysms quad tip muffler and nameless midpipe with a new resonator (no idea what it is) with the avo headers+front pipe
[/QUOTE]
a nameless midpipe with a different resonator? Interesting set up... It sounds good, I'm just trying to piece together what resonators, mufflers, and headers, have different effects on sounds lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts