5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I picked up my Dark Grey Impreza 2.0S Sedan. Australian models are different - they're made in Japan - but the 2.0S is the top model available.

Honestly, it's not been great so far but the car still has a lot of potential which i'm hoping I'll discover over the next month. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I picked up my Dark Grey Impreza 2.0S Sedan. Australian models are different - they're made in Japan - but the 2.0S is the top model available.

Honestly, it's not been great so far but the car still has a lot of potential which i'm hoping I'll discover over the next month. :)
Hi Bazza,

I'm awaiting delivery of the same spec here in Sydney.. can you elaborate on what hasn't been great so far?

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome Bazza and congratulations on your new car.

It'll be interesting to hear how the North American-made and Japanese-made Imprezas compare! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you elaborate on what hasn't been great so far?

Short summary - the dealer. ~ 2months of no communication, missed delivery dates, wrong parts ordered etc. The pickup was a complete joke - Organised for a Wednesday at 5pm, then at about 1pm they say "oops, we don't have your reversing sensors", so reschedule to 4pm Friday. Stuffed around until about 5pm when they admit that they ordered the wrong ones and can't make them work. Despite them having the car since Monday it's fairly clear they haven't even detailed it (There's still glue marks in various places from the shipping plastic). Then I found the scratch in the paint...

Since then, the infotainment has crashed twice and the car is annoying to drive at low speeds/rpms due to shuddering.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Even if we have to, leave anonymous reviews on Google about your experience about a specific dealer that won't reveal who you are. At least that way we can start building up a foundation of which dealers are ideal to go to. Always good people in this industry to get our vehicles services by, just a matter of weeding out the bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts