5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grill idea, mocked it up in Photoshop to pass around and see what people think. Was inspired by those old school Toyota grills that I love plus this rare grill for Crosstreks. I don't love the sport OEM grill on white or on the smaller grills that the MY '20s have. Has anyone ever commissioned a shop to make a custom grill like this? Playing with ideas in my head as well as pricing.

Attached are my mockup, a picture similar to what I'm going for from a grill website, and that Crosstrek grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think it would look better without the Subaru letters on it. I mean why pay to advertise for Subaru? Shouldn’t they be paying you to do that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wonder if you could re-purpose the badging letters from the back end and make one up yourself. Just throwing an idea out. Might be worth it as a real mock up before commissioning a more expensive version.

Personally I think the back end looks better without the badging anyway. Haven't removed mine yet, gonna try it plasti dipped black first, then make a decision if its coming off entirely. But the letters would be a good start to try working something out on the front grill.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if you could re-purpose the badging letters from the back end and make one up yourself. Just throwing an idea out. Might be worth it as a real mock up before commissioning a more expensive version.

Personally I think the back end looks better without the badging anyway. Haven't removed mine yet, gonna try it plasti dipped black first, then make a decision if its coming off entirely. But the letters would be a good start to try working something out on the front grill.
That's actually a good idea. I don't plan on debadging my car, but if I took the badges from an older Impreza where they were spread across the trunk it could work.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think it would look better without the Subaru letters on it. I mean why pay to advertise for Subaru? Shouldn’t they be paying you to do that?
You're already advertising for Subaru by paying for and driving one of their cars. Whether someone de-badges their car or adds the letters it's the same.

·
Registered
2018 Base Wagon
16 Posts
I think that is a cool look with the letters on the grill. I would go for it. You can also get them cut for cheap at a number of online paces if you did not want to take them off another car. You could also have it cut as one piece (which may make for an easier install). I name all my cars and I have been tempted to do that with the car's name.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that is a cool look with the letters on the grill. I would go for it. You can also get them cut for cheap at a number of online paces if you did not want to take them off another car. You could also have it cut as one piece (which may make for an easier install). I name all my cars and I have been tempted to do that with the car's name.
Would you mind sharing one of those online places?

·
Registered
2018 Base Wagon
16 Posts
Would you mind sharing one of those online places?
I have not looked at all of these yet or priced them all out so take these links with a grain of salt.

I can update later (with real pricing) if I work with anyone on my ideas.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not looked at all of these yet or priced them all out so take these links with a grain of salt.

I can update later (with real pricing) if I work with anyone on my ideas.
Good looks! Thanks!

For now, I'm just going to get some black winglets or maybe wrap mine. I like the look of the grills on the sport trims. So I'm gonna live with that for a little while and if I get tired of it maybe I'll try my idea here.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I feel the less badges and letters on my car the better it looks. I also feel that if we all liked the same things life would be horribly boring so you do you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Grill idea, mocked it up in Photoshop to pass around and see what people think. Was inspired by those old school Toyota grills that I love plus this rare grill for Crosstreks. I don't love the sport OEM grill on white or on the smaller grills that the MY '20s have. Has anyone ever commissioned a shop to make a custom grill like this? Playing with ideas in my head as well as pricing.

Attached are my mockup, a picture similar to what I'm going for from a grill website, and that Crosstrek grill.
i basically have that on mine, its kinda a custom job. You have to cut the middle part off of the oem and then glue in the new mesh style one. it should fit perfectly. i then got the sport black trim and put that on to tie the look together. i have the custom mesh grill link if anyone wants it. you can then add whatever badging you would like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts