5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a GS Brotie mount kn their car yet for hella horns? I've seen a few posts on here about it, and tried to reach out to the people who have done it, but alas nobody has replied. I'm dying to get this hooked up and my horns installed so I can make some people mad on the road ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I suppose you could use a Brotie, Subispeed bracket, or something similar, but you'd have to drill into the radiator support to mount it, cause there is no longer a vertical support beam to mount them to like on the older Subarus. For reference, here's they used to be done:

But that would probably be too high on our cars if you mounted to the radiator support. That's why I built a custom bracket to mount through the front bumper bar's existing holes, no drilling necessary:
cdicorpo's Custom Hella Supertone Install

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
99 Posts
I put my hella horns (trumpets) in the oem mounting positions. You'll need to buy a bolt if you have a base.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose you could use a Brotie, Subispeed bracket, or something similar, but you'd have to drill into the radiator support to mount it, cause there is no longer a vertical support beam to mount them to like on the older Subarus. For reference, here's they used to be done:

But that would probably be too high on our cars if you mounted to the radiator support. That's why I built a custom bracket to mount through the front bumper bar's existing holes, no drilling necessary:
cdicorpo's Custom Hella Supertone Install
Do you remember the sizes of the pieces of metal you used to make the bracket?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts