5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sport Hatch 5-Speed Manual
217 Posts
If I remember correctly, I think I sent them a screen shot of the ECU ID after running the flash utility and then they sent a ROM file to me.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I had this instruction from Epifan:

1. Connect OP2.0 to your car
2. Open attached key_opt.txt file at notepad and copy whole line to clipboard. This is option's key
3. Start subaruEdit
4. Open Flash Utilty, select "Subaru FB16/FB20/FB25 2018+ 1.5Mb Impreza/Legacy/FXT/XV" template
5. At Flash Utility window execute Options\Enter Key for additional features
6. Paste key from clipboard. Program should accept it and output it to log output window
7. Execute Options\Read ECU for epifanSoftware and dump your ECU
8. Save dumped file and send it to me

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
And where to I get key_opt.txt? Epifan sent me key.txt and key_vin.txt; do I contact them for this additional key file?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I wonder if they changed their procedure because this was all the instruction they sent me to get me a ROM file:

"Device (key.txt) and VIN (key_vin.txt) keys are attached. Just open them at Notepad and copy/paste to the "Device Link" and the "VIN link" forms

Next:
1. open the "Flash Utility", connect an OP2.0 to a car
2. Press the "Read Information about ECU" button and send to me a screenshot or a flash log"

·
Registered
915 Posts
Maybe he has changed the instructions. It might be different if the ROM is already in their library of ROMs.

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
I wonder if they changed their procedure because this was all the instruction they sent me to get me a ROM file:

"Device (key.txt) and VIN (key_vin.txt) keys are attached. Just open them at Notepad and copy/paste to the "Device Link" and the "VIN link" forms

Next:
1. open the "Flash Utility", connect an OP2.0 to a car
2. Press the "Read Information about ECU" button and send to me a screenshot or a flash log"
I just re-read his email that contained the text files, and that is what he said. I just hadn't downloaded and installed the drivers from Tactix, because I didn't know I needed them, so the option didn't show up. I'll try again.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
70 Posts
Good luck I strongly suggest 0'ing the ENTIRE overrun air tables all 3 entirely, its very great.
@NoSlushbox4Me He just had me read info about ECU, since He already had the ECU definitions for my ECU. (MT, 2018, post 2 recalls)

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
Hey, it works a lot better with the Tactrix drivers installed! Got the flash log, which says it used template Subaru FB20/FB25/EZ36 Impreza/Legacy/FXT/XV. Sent it to epiFan, so now waiting for ROM file.

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
Well, he didn't have the data for mine, so I dumped mine and sent it. Now to make copies and play with the editor.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well, he didn't have the data for mine, so I dumped mine and sent it. Now to make copies and play with the editor.
I just noticed that you have a 2021. Not suprising that they did not have a ROM yet.

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
Odd thing, though - table A is different from tables B and C. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
70 Posts
That's normal. Just 0 them out and you're good!

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
I used the guidelines in the first part of this thread (80%-70%-50%) and tested today. It's better now, but I may still reduce the numbers further. The real test will be tomorrow on a 20+ mile drive to the RC flying field.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
70 Posts
I'd strongly suggest the 0, the way it drives is absolutely incredible. That part of the table is not used for anything else except added during engine decel.

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
Since it rarely sees rpm above 3200, I further reduced from there down to 1200 rpm by another 15% (applied 85%). No chance to drive it at higher speeds yet. I see the need for not quite closing the throttle, so may not go to 0, but we'll see. Since I'm not the only driver, I don't want to make it harder for the other driver around town.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
70 Posts
Interesting, I've done some testing and set the overrun to a value of 1.7. This has stopped the "buck" on throttle closing immediately which is a little nicer to drive with.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
70 Posts
I am curious, for what reason have you left the rev hang in when the engine is cold?
PS: you should check the 70 row, doesn't look like the changes were correctly applied.

·
Registered
2021 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
The OP didn't change the cold range, and neither did I; I see no reason, as I never operate the engine in those rpm ranges when the engine is cold. The 70 degree range was reduced by the same percentage as the rest, it just started out a lot higher. The 70 degree range is also just barely into the 'normal' temp range, so it doesn't have much effect during most operation. Note that the 80 degree range is also higher than the numbers below it, just not as much.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts