5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Sport 5mt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give some more info on the lowering springs for these cars.
We installed some H&R lowering springs along with SPC rear lower control arms P/N: 67660 x2. You NEED rear lower control arms as these do not have rear camber adjustment stock. The lower controls arms are very easy to install & adjust. I did an eyeball alignment on my lift so the springs could settle a few days & then we can get the car an alignment.
The H&R springs are awesome as well. Fairly easy install. Front is a bit annoying. BE SURE to mark & also even take a pic of the upper camber bolt position. Again, getting the car aligned soon but this just makes it so your alignment isn't all over the place.
The front sway bar endlinks require an allen socket to remove. These are very easy to strip.
I also needed spring compressors for the fronts only. Could not get the top hat on without them. I didn't need them when I took the springs off. They are not under a lot of tension
Rears are easy. Had to take off a trim piece in the hatch to access the 2 top bolts.
Ride quality is great! I've heard running lowering springs on stock struts is a gamble but these will be fine especially with the sport model. Rides somewhat close to stock. Handles great for a more daily driver friendly car. My wife likes it. (her car) Don't expect Outback quality. These cars are pretty economy but not terrible. Get used to it. Going from a slammed JZX90, this is Cadillac spec.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks great! I don't think mine would like the NJ roads too much if I did that. I already have too many areas to watch out for and potholes to dodge with stock suspension and 18's.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks good.

I would love to lower mine a bit, but the bottom lip has already touched the pavement a couple of times at stock height. I had a lowerd WRX and my Civic is lowered so I am very aware and conscientious when going onto or coming off an incline. I can't imagine driving this car an inch lower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts