5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for the above yesterday and had to comment on how quickly it was done. Must have went through the express lane. Took a peek while it was being done and it seemed like an assembly line operation with each person doing a specific job. Have to give a shoutout to Miinooka Subaru In Scranton, PA.

·
Registered
2020 Manual 4-door Base
97 Posts
My dealership also seem pretty fast... but i see that as a bad thing.

Do you find your oil and tire pressures overfilled after service?

I had 35 to 36, even 37 PSI in one tire.. and my oil is filled above the top dot

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
719 Posts
I have no idea why but it seems that most places over inflate tires. I just had tires installed on two sets of tires and both were very high. I always wait till the AM when the tires are cool and reset the pressure to +2 PSIG over the door placard. Just the way I like to do it.

A little over the high mark is okay, a lot over isn't of course

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't check the tire pressure but the ride seems the same so I'll let it go and oil as well. With new tire installations, I believe they will over-inflate so the tire seats completely on the rim and set to normal pressure later. I once got a new front tire on a motorcycle and the front tire rode like a brick because it was set to50 lbs instead of 22.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
16 Posts
When I had my Legacy, they were pretty quick with the oil changes. They usually ran the car through a wash as well. I just put money down on an incoming Impreza for my daughter at the same dealership. Hopefully they'll take care of her as well when she brings the car in for service. They already know not to offer her anything except oil changes and tire rotations since I'll take care of everything else that isn't warranty related. Then again, I'm probably just going to do all the maintenance myself unless it's free.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dealer is quick also. Kinda seems like they over employ techs. I always skip the free auto wash or hand wash with the same bucket and mitt all day. Swirl central.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Last time I was in for my final free OC and car wash they took a long time. Maybe an hour to hour and half. That was back in July.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts