5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us know about holding the home button and pressing the tune knob three times to get into basic things such as audio testing and watching the backup camera while driving around but today I found the money menu, the dealer menu. I don’t know if it works on Gen 3.1 (MY19-?) but here’s a few shots. Sorry about the quality.

I’m not sure but there may be potential to do damage by mucking about. Specifically I’m referring to deleting diagnostic data as I think it’s data for the whole car. However, it does answer the question of who’s software is it. I always assumed Harman but this menu clearly shows the manufacturer as Subaru, rel_U0.18.22.20. This could explain why updates aren’t available via WiFi; as noted months ago, the system connects to a Harman domain.

How to get into it? Press and hold “Home” and tap the tune button 6 times.
Good luck and if you find something with this before I locate pants and can spend more time in a wintertime garage, please post here.

Somebody please try this on your MY19.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Many of us know about holding the home button and pressing the tune knob three times to get into basic things such as audio testing and watching the backup camera while driving around but today I found the money menu, the dealer menu. I don’t know if it works on Gen 3.1 (MY19-?) but here’s a few shots. Sorry about the quality.

I’m not sure but there may be potential to do damage by mucking about. Specifically I’m referring to deleting diagnostic data as I think it’s data for the whole car. However, it does answer the question of who’s software is it. I always assumed Harman but this menu clearly shows the manufacturer as Subaru, rel_U0.18.22.20. This could explain why updates aren’t available via WiFi; as noted months ago, the system connects to a Harman domain.

Good luck and if you find something with this before I locate pants and can spend more time in a wintertime garage, please post here.

I didn't even know about the home button trick.lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Doca, you need a space heater in your garage! Don't make me post an Amazon link to a heater that you can't buy north of the 49th...

You seem to have hit pay dirt. I've found the other menus but not this one!

Can't wait to see what happens if you tap the tune button NINE times. Do you end up in Oz? :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Doca, you need a space heater in your garage! Don't make me post an Amazon link to a heater that you can't buy north of the 49th...

You seem to have hit pay dirt. I've found the other menus but not this one!

Can't wait to see what happens if you tap the tune button NINE times. Do you end up in Oz? :D
Dude, I hit it 43 times, and my car told me all of Subarus secrets.

·
Registered
620 Posts

This is pretty awesome. I'm sure I could really have some fun with some of these settings. The recording feature looks interesting. I wonder what sort of data logging it does.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This is pretty awesome. I'm sure I could really have some fun with some of these settings. The recording feature looks interesting. I wonder what sort of data logging it does.
It logs your wife in the back seat with your best friend.....

·
Registered
620 Posts
It logs your wife in the back seat with your best friend.....
At least it's air conditioned back there. I hate for back seat passengers to suffer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Too funny...

I have access to two current gen Crosstreks, an '18 Limited and a '19 Limited. One belongs to my girl and the other belongs to her mom (I helped her buy it a few days ago). If I mess with the settings, what could possibly go wrong? :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have base model 2017 Impreza and tried out these two 'secret' modes. Here are some of my observations.

*) For the 1st mode you mentioned I had to hold HOME and press TUNE 2x (not 3x as you mention)
*) The HOME + TUNE 6x works as you suggest.
*) I find it interesting that Subaru DOES NOT call my car a GEN5 as this forum does. (I will let the reader check their own vehicle to see what I mean)
*) I still did not find any way to manually 'turn on' the backup camera. (I may have missed it)
*) I wonder what the "memory initialization" means? (Would this reset the radio-presets as some folks have been asking about in these forums?)
*) I was hoping to see more than simply "battery voltage" and "steering angle" monitoring (It would be helpful to see xMission temp)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have base model 2017 Impreza and tried out these two 'secret' modes. Here are some of my observations.

*) For the 1st mode you mentioned I had to hold HOME and press TUNE 2x (not 3x as you mention)
*) The HOME + TUNE 6x works as you suggest.
*) I find it interesting that Subaru DOES NOT call my car a GEN5 as this forum does. (I will let the reader check their own vehicle to see what I mean)
*) I still did not find any way to manually 'turn on' the backup camera. (I may have missed it)
*) I wonder what the "memory initialization" means? (Would this reset the radio-presets as some folks have been asking about in these forums?)
*) I was hoping to see more than simply "battery voltage" and "steering angle" monitoring (It would be helpful to see xMission temp)
The camera is under the factory settings- camera settings- scroll to the bottom.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Too funny...

I have access to two current gen Crosstreks, an '18 Limited and a '19 Limited. One belongs to my girl and the other belongs to her mom (I helped her buy it a few days ago). If I mess with the settings, what could possibly go wrong? :)
The world will blow up

·
Registered
11 Posts
just tried this menu on my gen5 impreza.
both the 2 press, and the 6 press menu's work.
i wonder what other menu's there are??

when you're viewing the rear camera through this menu, you have the ability to move the parking lines around to the side of the screen. DO NOT try and make the lines come from the top of the screen. it suffers greatly from a buffer overflow or something similar, obviously not designed properly, and the screen will do some weird stuff and then turn off completely. restarting the car doesn't get the screen back either.

only way the screen came back, was when i switched into reverse to park when i got home. for some reason, the reversing camera popped up again when i switched into reverse, and then all the other screens worked as normal again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got to the dealer menu by pressing 6 times and under system information it says MY2017 when I have a 2019 Impreza sport...is this normal? Has anyone else tried this with a 2019 to see if it says MY2019 ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got to the dealer menu by pressing 6 times and under system information it says MY2017 when I have a 2019 Impreza sport...is this normal? Has anyone else tried this with a 2019 to see if it says MY2019 ?

does this mean they gave you a 2017!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I looked into it more and I think the my2017 is for the diagnostic software which hasnt been changed since then, I was able to find another menu that showed the headunit is the 3.1 version instead of the 3.0 version which was used in 2017-2018 so I think its all good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I pressed and hold the Home button and then pressed twice the Tune knob. Got into the factory setting page. Went to the camera setting but the changed setting cannot be saved. Is there anyway to save it ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts