5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...this may be a dumb question but with the upgraded HK audio it states that the system has 8 speakers. There are two on the dash, two in the front doors, two in the rear doors, but does anyone know where the subwoofer is located in the hatchback version? Or if there isn't a subwoofer, the other two speakers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't think there's a subwoofer, but I believe the additional two speakers share a space with two of the existing speaker locations.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pretty sure there is no sub. Most of the other subaru HK systems have 9 speakers, which includes the sub. I have the HK audio in my 5door sport, it sure doesn't like it has a sub... hah

·
Registered
6 Posts
According to this site, the two back speakers each have a midwoofer and a tweeter. (Subaru Drive - Modes of Operation: All-Around Sound with Harman Kardon (sp17))

For 8 total speakers: two tweeters in front window area, two midwoofers in front doors, and two midwoofer/tweeter combos in back doors. No subwoofer.

Is there an OEM subwoofer that can be added to this combo?

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to this site, the two back speakers each have a midwoofer and a tweeter. (Subaru Drive - Modes of Operation: All-Around Sound with Harman Kardon (sp17))

For 8 total speakers: two tweeters in front window area, two midwoofers in front doors, and two midwoofer/tweeter combos in back doors. No subwoofer.

Is there an OEM subwoofer that can be added to this combo?
i've been wondering this exact thing. i would love just a little more bass, but an OEM look. i might go for a basslink under the rear floor, but i'd prefer something OEM. I liked how it was just in a cutout area of the cargo area in my old 2017 Outback Limited.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Simple. It just fits under the drivers seat. I have an aftermarket HU so that had a sub out but you can use vampire clips for the inputs. There are two bolts and carpet cutouts under the drivers seat which make for a good place to ground it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts