5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at 98k right now and mine is a '17 Limited. I'm curious what's everyone's odometer reading.

After owning this car for 3 years and putting this many miles on it. I'm very satisfied with this car. This car fills more of the check marks than any other car I've driven. My plan with it to keep it until the wheels fall off. I already know what my next car will be once this Impreza's life is done but until then I'm going to continue driving it and putting more adventures with this car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm at around 67k and I've had my 17 hatch for about 2 years now. Mine's paid off and I plan on driving it for at least another 3 years or if we end up needing something bigger since our first baby is due in February. Whatever complaints I have are minimal. I want to get it to 100k at least.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I plan to keep my Impreza forever. Plus a replacement engine isn’t that expensive. I found some for $600 from crashed imprezas in my area. I currently have 52k miles on mine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm at 98k right now and mine is a '17 Limited. I'm curious what's everyone's odometer reading.

After owning this car for 3 years and putting this many miles on it. I'm very satisfied with this car. This car fills more of the check marks than any other car I've driven. My plan with it to keep it until the wheels fall off. I already know what my next car will be once this Impreza's life is done but until then I'm going to continue driving it and putting more adventures with this car. View attachment 24653
I suggest to anyone with high mileage, remember in a year or two the 2.0L is going away for a 1.5L Turbo and the 5MT may also be gone... Bought my 19 MT this past April new and I have 12k miles, plan on keeping this till the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
2020 Manual 4-door Base
149 Posts
I suggest to anyone with high mileage, remember in a year or two the 2.0L is going away for a 1.5L Turbo and the 5MT may also be gone... Bought my 19 MT this past April new and I have 12k miles, plan on keeping this till the wheels fall off.
Interesting. Any link or source for that? I'd like to read more if possible

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Local dealer told me that the 1.5L is coming and MT for Crosstrek and Impreza are not long for this world, Subaru wants eyesight on all of its models and they can't do that with MT.
The new smaller turbo engines are not for performance but to save fuel and most likely will not be as reliable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nothing official, but here is another article.

Interestingly, I knew someone who bought a 2016 Impreza because the dealer told him that the next gen (starting in 2017) would not have a manual available. We know how that turned out, but it would not surprise me if they dropped it for 2022. It was telling when Subaru released the 2021 Crosstrek Sport which only has a CVT.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
226 Posts
I'm at roughly 48k on my 2019 (had it since Oct 2018), but I generally keep cars close to 200k. I bought the Impreza as a commuter, and I've been very pleased with it so far.

·
Registered
2020 Impreza Limited 5-door, Dark Blue with Ivory Leather.
108 Posts
I plan to keep my Impreza forever. Plus a replacement engine isn’t that expensive. I found some for $600 from crashed imprezas in my area. I currently have 52k miles on mine.
Did you buy a couple of those $600 engines?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Our Impreza will be 4 yrs old on Pie day (3/14) with about 42k miles. I expect to get about 10-16 years out of it, 200k miles. Our engine was walnut blasted at 30k miles and videoed - there were no issues or build up. We've added a 3 wheel Arcimoto to our fleet and so lots of miles over the past 8 months has been with that instead so miles on our Impreza have been unusually low. Geez, just changed the oil at 8 months (4k miles). I'm holding out until Tesla gets better quality control and drops the price on the Y so we can replace the Impreza and Toyota Tundra with the one car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really really really hope she will do well for years to come ….. I mean how easy is it to find an AWD manual that drives this amazing at this or any price point ( it’s not - I think Subaru is alone here in this category ) ….. You can’t even get a manual in most European AWD cars …. Unless ludicrous funding is present - no thanks :) Love the combo of sanity, no non sense , AWD, MT and not being financially devastated ( she was a CPO from Subaru) ….. I am praying for at least 7 years pls ….. everyone else will be driving electric golf carts ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
My 2017 is barely broken in at 32K miles.

Unfortunately, I have no illusions about driving a car in Vermont.... like all my other cars, it will rust out long before it wears out. (even with the annual oil undercoating)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts