5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
peaty I like your plate.
Thanks, It's been on quite a few of my scoobies starting in 99. Inside joke since scooby doo is the unoffical mascot :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like the look of it. Personalizes the car some and gives it a little extra something to the look from the rear. Well done.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's pretty cool and most likely something that actually has some aero effect. Probably a little too over the top for me, I was going a little more subtle. I think if you are tracking the car that's a different story.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed the diffuser a few days ago. I'm ambiguous if I like it or not. It was not difficult to install, centering it was the most difficult thing. It's curved so the center is close to the side but the curve ends are 70mm back. It came with 3M double sided tape but I don't' trust that so I put 4 - 1/4" plastic push fasteners to secure it. I put on on each end and one on either side of the center fin. That required 4 small 1/4" holes that if I remove the diffuser will not be noticeable. There are a few larger ones under there already. I've driven on the highway and it's defiantly secure. In the photos it looks more obvious than in real life. I'm going to leave in on a month or so before I decide if I want to remove it.

more pics here: >>click me<<

I got it here, 26 X 6" - 5 fin mat mat black. >>click me<<

View attachment 23846
Wow looks good. I did like that year ago but your installation is well done. Here is mines if you really really look under the car its looks noticeable.

But just looking back you won't see it at all. It hides it

Later I will add rear diffuser to match it and back side will look even better. Mine was carbonfiber look.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did differently. I had to cut edges it was little wide was close to my exhaust and I don't want that to melt. I also cut height as well because back end of out bumper to too short so I had cut it to make it fit. They gave me some 3m tape but it wasn't enough so I bought more 3m tape to stick there. Even I didn't use screws that thing will not fall. It sticks like champ.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport MT
25 Posts
I'll be buying the Variant Aero Diffuser, Front Splitter, and the side skirt extentions in the next week or so. Ill make sure I post up pics in this thread after the Install. I found a couple guys on IG with em Installed and they look super dope to me.

·
Registered
CM Grey 2017 Sport Hatch CVT
71 Posts
I'll be buying the Variant Aero Diffuser, Front Splitter, and the side skirt extentions in the next week or so. Ill make sure I post up pics in this thread after the Install. I found a couple guys on IG with em Installed and they look super dope to me.
which style of the rear diffuser are you going toward?? looks like they have 5 different ones? Wish they had more pics of the other ones tbh

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport MT
25 Posts
which style of the rear diffuser are you going toward?? looks like they have 5 different ones? Wish they had more pics of the other ones tbh
You can get a feel of what they all look like by just browsing the other car models. Ill be going with the Rounded Fins all the way around. Ordering the kit tomorrow 🙏

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can get a feel of what they all look like by just browsing the other car models. Ill be going with the Rounded Fins all the way around. Ordering the kit tomorrow 🙏
hyyyype. I’m starting to lean toward this kit vs the FPSE one due to the customization and the cutouts for the quad tip exhaust. Post pics when you get it!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
hyyyype. I’m starting to lean toward this kit vs the FPSE one due to the customization and the cutouts for the quad tip exhaust. Post pics when you get it!!!
hmmmmmm. maybe not. The FPSE one is aluminum, and the variant is ABS plastic. Lemme know what you think when you get it.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport MT
25 Posts
So I finally got the Whole Variant Aero kit in and I'm pretty pleased with everything. The Front splitter is definitely the highest quality and has some weight to it. The side skirts seem pretty flimsy compared to front splitter. The Rear diffuser isn't quite as rigid as the splitter either but definitely more rigid than the side skirt extensions. Since I'm going for more style over actual track function I think this kit will do just fine.
Unfortunately my splitter got damaged by UPS so they had to warranty it and ill be receiving a new one this week.
If anyone is interested I'm selling the damaged front splitter (pics attached) for 120$ + Shipping. I paid 220$ for it and figured someone may not mind the very slight dent. I'll post pics as soon as I get everything installed hopefully this month. The snow finally started in the mountains in CO so my driveway is a little cold to be laying on right now!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts