5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

My wife and I in the middle of trying to apply some 3M paint protection film to our 5 door Premium. Part of the kit that we bought are headlight pieces.

My wife, being the more patient one, worked most of the day trying to get one of those headlight films to fit but couldn't.

It occurred to me that since the Limited has LED lights and ours has halogens that the outside lens cover could also be different.

Our's has a "mound" near the outside edge. This makes it darn near impossible for the film to wrap around.

Could someone who has LED lights tell me if theirs also has this protrusion or if it's smooth?

I've tried finding some res photos online but they don't show me anything conclusive.

Anyway, I'm trying to determine whether the manufacturer sent us the wrong parts of, just maybe, we just suck at wrapping.

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Limited with the LED headlights. I took these pictures, let me know if this helps you to compare them. I can upload more at a different angle.
Thanks!

I don't see any protrusions. Mine have something akin to a "cornea" that's visible when looking at them from the side and slightly behind. One almost get's the impression that they are pyramid in shape.

It wouldn't be the first time I've gotten a film kit that had incorrect headlights. The same folks shipped a kit for my F150 with differently cut film over the winter. But before I call them on it I wanted to make sure that my eggs were in one basket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts