5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 subaru impreza base model. Nothing special. Im trying tooI replace the headlights I have now with a halogen headlight with a more aggressive looking daytime running light. Im starting to think that my car doesn't come with the proper wiring in order to do this. I think I would have to add another light and not sure it would work. Any comments would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
Base MY20
3 Posts
I'd also be keen to see if you can retrofit some c light DRLs onto the base model, mine is 2020 but guessing the process would be similar.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
839 Posts
The DRL's (daytime running lights) on all models except the Sport version, use the high beam bulbs on lower power. The Sport uses separate lighting assembly were everyone else has either a blank or a fog light. I don't know of an easy to change how the DRL's work . You could add a separate set of LED's for DRL's I'm sure those are available. The C lights are an option possibly but that sounds pricey to me. You can't put LED's in place of your High Beam bulbs because they will flicker due to the DRL electronics unless you have them on.

Aftermarket stuff like this

Amazon.com: Rayhoo 2 pcs Set Waterproof High Power 6W 12V 6000K Xenon Slim COB LED DRL Daylight Driving Daytime Running Light Lamp For Car SUV Sedan Coupe Vehicle Universal (Xenon White): Automotive

I guess could work, there are other alternatives I'm sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts