5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed tonight the heated seats weren't working, along with the cigarette lighter port. Fuse? Everything was working perfectly fine an hour beforehand. This car just gets better & better with issues. We are like guiney pigs for Subaru, they should be paying us since they didn't do proper testing on this generation.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Odds are its the fuse. You can pull the fuse out and inspect it for yourself by looking for a slight burn mark. Of course the other option is to stop by the dealer.

Doubt its anything aside from the fuse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A friend of mine has the same problem with hers, just started last week. She hasn't had a chance to stop by the dealership yet. I was thinking possibly a fuse too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Which cig lighter port? The one under the center stack or the one in the console or both?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Noticed tonight the heated seats weren't working, along with the cigarette lighter port. Fuse? Everything was working perfectly fine an hour beforehand. This car just gets better & better with issues. We are like guiney pigs for Subaru, they should be paying us since they didn't do proper testing on this generation.
Here is the cabin fuse diagram from my 2017 Impreza Premium 2.0i. The fuse at the top labeled 20A CIGAR SEAT/H might be your answer (that is a 20 amp mini fuse--you can purchase one at any auto parts store)

The PDF I attempted to attach exceeds the file limit allowed. The top row has 4 fuse spaces--the first is not used. The 2nd is the one mentioned above.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the cabin fuse diagram from my 2017 Impreza Premium 2.0i. The fuse at the top labeled 20A CIGAR SEAT/H might be your answer (that is a 20 amp mini fuse--you can purchase one at any auto parts store)

The PDF I attempted to attach exceeds the file limit allowed. The top row has 4 fuse spaces--the first is not used. The 2nd is the one mentioned above.
I'll check it tomorrow at work & replace it if it's blown. Wonder what caused it to blow though if it is the fuse? All I have plugged in is my radar detector & iPhone connected to the USB.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: So yesterday I checked the fuse & it was blown so I put in a new one & right away that blew too. So I called my local Subaru dealer & scheduled an appointment for yesterday afternoon. Turns out my radar detector cigarette plug was defective which caused the fuse to blow. I take back what I said "This car just gets better & better with issues.". They replaced the fuse & everything is working perfectly again :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts