5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new here to this forum. Just purchased a 2017 Impreza Limited. I just threw on my 2016 stock STI wheels on them. I don’t plan on doing much to it now but I still like to browse. Any suggestions on favorite websites to purchase parts for our cars?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Welcome to the site!
Here is my short list of sites. I'm sure other people have some more.

·
Registered
710 Posts
There are STI wheels available in the 5x100 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
52 Posts
There are STI wheels available in the 5x100 bolt pattern.
2004 was the only year the STI had a 5x100 hub in the US market. The only wheels offered that year were a gold or silver BBS. I bought some of the gold ones for my black 07 WRX limited. Loved that car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you cut the excess stud length from your original studs? With a 15mm spacer that leaves about 10mm of stud length past the spacer. I've known these kits exist for a while but have yet to find someone that has installed them so I hope you don't mind the questions. These really open up a lot of wheel options for the Impreza.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you cut the excess stud length from your original studs? With a 15mm spacer that leaves about 10mm of stud length past the spacer. I've known these kits exist for a while but have yet to find someone that has installed them so I hope you don't mind the questions. These really open up a lot of wheel options for the Impreza.
No problem. I wasn't sure either. I saw in someone’s post that they had 5x114.3 STI wheels with same 245/40/18 tires. Everything mounts flush no issues. Didn’t cut anything. I can turn the wheels all the way left and right.

·
Registered
2017 Sport Hatch
12 Posts
Do they poke out at all? Any negatives in the handling after the install? They look great BTW. Really considering these now :D

·
Registered
710 Posts
2004 was the only year the STI had a 5x100 hub in the US market. The only wheels offered that year were a gold or silver BBS. I bought some of the gold ones for my black 07 WRX limited. Loved that car.
Someone had posted new STI wheels in the parts catelog that are 5x100.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
The ones I have are am sure you guys seen my showcase on the front page. I think they are not "True" sti rims I could be wrong? But yes they are 5x100 18" 7.50 unless thats what the new STI rims are? The box said 7.5 so I thought they where 8 or 8.5?

I took a pic of the box the "STi Rims came in.

·
Registered
2017 Sport Hatch
12 Posts
I would say those are true STI wheels. Only difference being they were purpose built as a dealer option for Crossteks and base Impreza's.
They also come in a 17" option with a different design. Those look much nicer I think than the 17's.

·
Registered
710 Posts
STI parts are available for multiple cars. There's the WRX STI, but also the STI parts line.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do they poke out at all? Any negatives in the handling after the install? They look great BTW. Really considering these now :D

Only picture I have right now, it pokes a little bit. I get a little more road noise but seems to handle better. Getting it registered Monday so I’ll have more drive time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts