5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!

The plastic cover piece for my passenger-side mirror arm disappeared. Subaru tells me I’d have to replace the entire mirror assembly as they don’t sell just that one piece.

Any idea how to acquire one? Scrap parts places are selling entire mirrors instead of parting them out further than that which makes this tricky. Maybe a lead on finding broken side mirrors would be my angle?

Attached photos are of the mirror with the missing piece as well as the drivers-side mirror with the cover intact. Any guidance would be super appreciated!

2017 Impreza Sport. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,991 Posts
Welcome!

Yikes that stinks! I wonder how that popped off? I guess I would go to local junk yards? How much is the whole side mirror?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeahhh super weird! Maybe someone lost theirs and decided to snag mine 😂

The going rate I’m seeing both new at Subaru and used from scrap yards is $200+ which seems totally insane just to replace this little black piece.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
115 Posts
Reactions: DA_RU

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pick and pull or junk yard hit them all up. Pop it off and tell them it's just trim, and it is so should be under 10 bucks.

Part he needs is the unit 91031N it don't come unassembled. So unless your gonna dish out 180+ from what I seen for the unit you'll have to junk yard hoop and pray for a wrecked 17+ good news is you might be able to use any trim i.e Base, Prem etc.

Not sure how your junk yards work but we go out to a huge graveyard full of cars and pull what we want off it and take it to the front to buy. Not sure how you guys do it there...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pick and pull or junk yard hit them all up. Pop it off and tell them it's just trim, and it is so should be under 10 bucks.

Part he needs is the unit 91031N it don't come unassembled. So unless your gonna dish out 180+ from what I seen for the unit you'll have to junk yard hoop and pray for a wrecked 17+ good news is you might be able to use any trim i.e Base, Prem etc.

Not sure how your junk yards work but we go out to a huge graveyard full of cars and pull what we want off it and take it to the front to buy. Not sure how you guys do it there...
Those are getting rare. I'm done with junks yards. Over the last 5 years when I've contacted one, there prices are insane. Even after telling them they want more than new at the dealer, they won't came down.

I guess the pricing structure changed when the name went from junk yard to automotive recycler.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah the junk yards near me no one calls you just pay a $2.00 entry fee then go pick the part you want. You then bring it to the front and buy the item they are all pretty cheap. Sounds like the yards you have are rip offs.

This gives you an idea about ours...

But yes the part is going to be very RARE and hard to find. I think the reason he is missing because another person needed it and did not want to spend the 180+.

It's going to suck but the odds are most likely going to dish out the 180 because of it sadly. Other option is to upgrade both mirrors to something else but that blows as well.

Helpin' you out man you can rob this and resale it without lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah the junk yards near me no one calls you just pay a $2.00 entry fee then go pick the part you want. You then bring it to the front and buy the item they are all pretty cheap. Sounds like the yards you have are rip offs.

This gives you an idea about ours...

But yes the part is going to be very RARE and hard to find. I think the reason he is missing because another person needed it and did not want to spend the 180+.

It's going to suck but the odds are most likely going to dish out the 180 because of it sadly. Other option is to upgrade both mirrors to something else but that blows as well.

Helpin' you out man you can rob this and resale it without lol
I remember, when I was going to school in LA, I decided to put front disk brakes on my 69 Mustang Convertible.

Got the brake pedal, front spindles and master w/ booster for like $25. I was a broke student, but I should have gone back to get the air conditioning parts as well.

I was shocked at how many 60's Mustangs were still in the yard and had parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The black plastic on the back of my mirror broke. I reviewed our home video and it was a kid walking down the sidewalk whacking mirrors. Fortunately it cost $10 to replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts