5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had the E361SFL200 installed. I used blue threadlocker (even when it wasn't calling for it) and trying to avoid having to take it all off to confirm I installed it on the right mounting holes.

The install seemed pretty straightforward so I did not even use the instruction manual. After the fact, I noticed that the manual calls for the mounting screws to be mounted on the FRONT mounting hole under each of the 4 roof flaps.

I am not even sure if these bars can align properly with the rear mounting holes. When I placed the bottom rubber base on each side, I did notice that there was some front-and-back play, but IMO not enough to allow choice of mounting holes.

I would GREATLY appreciate if anyone could confirm, that I did mount the cross bars on the right holes based on the attached photos.

Distance to front windshield (the edge of glass), with the measuring tape pressed against the bottom front of the rubber base = 8.875"

Distance to gap of rear hatch, with the measuring tape pressed against the bottom rear of the rubber base (of rear cross bar of course) = 24.5"

The rubber bases all all nicely aligned and I probably did install it properly. However, your assurance would still be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

20210501_181408.jpg
20210501_181423.jpg

20210501_181513.jpg
20210501_181537.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah I can imagine you slightly hyper-analyzing the install, especially since you used threadlocker for this haha. But overall if the crossbars are firm to the grip after installing it then I can assure you it is okay. And I didn't use the instruction manual at all either, I was too excited and connected the dots. Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts