5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a base Impreza 5-door with manual transmission on Feb 3rd 2022. Was originally told May 2022. It's now June and the dealer and Subaru customer service both have no clue when it will be built.

When order placed, I was 5th in queue. Today I'm only 3rd in queue. At this rate, I don't think I'm getting a 2022 model.

Anybody else order a manual Impreza around that time??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered a Sport 5mt at the end of April set to be delivered in June. There was no update for a while, but the other day the vin was generated and now it supposed to be delivered in early July. Though the weird thing is it hasn’t changed in the system, and still says June delivery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered mine mid-May and the dealer initially said it would be three months. He emailed me about a week ago and said it would be here this month. Still waiting for the VIN.

·
Registered
'22 Impreza Sport Sedan w/ CVT
72 Posts
I ordered my Sport SVT Sedan in the beginning of Aug '21 and got it at the end of Jan '22. They originally told me it would be delivered at some point that Oct/Nov, but that never happened. VIN was only generated in Nov, then said would be delivered in Dec, but instead had 6 whole months waiting. Worth every second, but goddamn was I annoyed the whole time lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, that's a long wait.

When the dealer initially said three months, I thought great, that gives me a little more time to save more money for the downpayment.

Now I just want my new car! I am impatient. :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow, that's a long wait.

When the dealer initially said three months, I thought great, that gives me a little more time to save more money for the downpayment.

Now I just want my new car! I am impatient. :p
They told me the same thing, 3 months from when I ordered it to when I Would be in the driver's seat. I also got the car at like one of the worst points to get one. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I could plan the world, I'd have paid off one last bill to free up some monthly cash flow, and the chip shortage would have been well done with plenty of new stock to choose from by the time I bought my new Subie. That was my plan anyway, LOL. But I'm having issues with my old car and I won't put another dime into fixing it, so I am buying now, before the thing completely falls apart on me. 😱 At least right now used cars are a hot market so the dealer is giving me a decent trade-in (it's an old Pontiac Vibe).

·
Registered
72 Posts
If I could plan the world, I'd have paid off one last bill to free up some monthly cash flow, and the chip shortage would have been well done with plenty of new stock to choose from by the time I bought my new Subie. That was my plan anyway, LOL. But I'm having issues with my old car and I won't put another dime into fixing it, so I am buying now, before the thing completely falls apart on me. 😱 At least right now used cars are a hot market so the dealer is giving me a decent trade-in (it's an old Pontiac Vibe).

I was the same man, my 08 impreza had a strut BASICALLY disconnected from the car, leak in the gas tank that made the car stink so bad, and head gaskets were still leaking oil after being replaced. I got $700 from a scrapyard for it lol

Can't wait for you to pick it up though. I was ecstatic when mine finally came in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow a Pontiac Vibe, the rebadged Toyota Matrix was falling apart.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought it used, with well over 100K miles on it. Replaced the engine, front struts, brakes (twice), tires, and all sorts of gaskets and other minor parts. I put more money into fixing the car than I paid for it, and that was just to keep it running. But it does run, and it runs well.

I had been planning to buy a new Subie for some time, but when a second wheel on my Vibe started corroding and slowly losing air, the tire shop - which has been great, fixing it for free each time - said it's not going to hold much longer and I need new wheels. Indeed, usually a resurface would last a good 6 months or so and now a resurface only lasts about two.

I was waiting until my finances got a bit more comfortable but it just didn't work out that way. It'll be tight but it will be so worth it to be driving a reliable car!

Any day now. I hope to get the VIN any day now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you're in New England, Subaru does things different and shipping gets a little wonky. You could always call up Subaru of America (if not in New England) or Subaru of New England (if you're in it) and they can help you to an extent if you're not satisfied with the information that the dealership is giving you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The dealer just told me my car arrived! That's just over a month from when I ordered it. Unfortunately, Subaru says there is a parts shortage and it doesn't have the fog lights I ordered. So I asked the dealer to see how he might be able to fix that. Maybe they can provide them later or we can install an after-market set. I'll probably be driving my new Subaru Impreza within the next day or so!

They never even sent a VIN. Suddenly a carrier arrived and my car was on the truck. 😍

·
Registered
72 Posts
The dealer just told me my car arrived! That's just over a month from when I ordered it. Unfortunately, Subaru says there is a parts shortage and it doesn't have the fog lights I ordered. So I asked the dealer to see how he might be able to fix that. Maybe they can provide them later or we can install an after-market set. I'll probably be driving my new Subaru Impreza within the next day or so!

They never even sent a VIN. Suddenly a carrier arrived and my car was on the truck. 😍
You should get it in writing from them that they will supply the lights. Were they an add on or originally part of the model you ordered? If they don't give them to you, tell them to give you money back because you don't want to be paying for something you didnt get, otherwise you should get in touch with Subaru of America or Subaru of New England. They did this with my wife's 22 base hatchback with the rain visors, and I told them it was part of the deal but not on the car. I kept calling every week for a month until they said they had it in stock and said it was part of the build and they put them on.

Other than the serious stuff I just wrote, congrats! Make sure to post pics when you get it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll wait to see what they come up with. I haven't yet officially bought the car. If I can't get them now, ideally they will put them on when they get some in stock. I didn't do a lot of customization but I want the fog lights.

I just spent some time cleaning out my stuff from my old car. I am so looking forward to NEW and RELIABLE!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll wait to see what they come up with. I haven't yet officially bought the car. If I can't get them now, ideally they will put them on when they get some in stock. I didn't do a lot of customization but I want the fog lights.

I just spent some time cleaning out my stuff from my old car. I am so looking forward to NEW and RELIABLE!
I’m glad for your eventual new Impreza. I’m impressed with the work you did on the Vibe. Like you, I bought my 2020 Impreza to replace my old struggling Golf so that I can drive something new and reliable for once. For me, I have only done maintenance work so far. I’ve posted a few things about my Impreza but nothing serious so far. I have only had great experiences with this car, that it is definitely new and reliable compared to my old Golf.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m glad for your eventual new Impreza. I’m impressed with the work you did on the Vibe. Like you, I bought my 2020 Impreza to replace my old struggling Golf so that I can drive something new and reliable for once. For me, I have only done maintenance work so far. I’ve posted a few things about my Impreza but nothing serious so far. I have only had great experiences with this car, that it is definitely new and reliable compared to my old Golf.
Right. To me a car is transportation first. Everything else is secondary, but yeah, I'd be lying if I said identity isn't in the mix. I am not one to mod a car - I just want good, solid, reliable transportation. I don't need fancy tailpipes and accessories.

My Vibe was the first used car I've bought and because it was already 11 years old when I bought it, stuff has been falling apart little by little. I needed to keep it in running order. I'm sick of always waiting for the next thing to break. And I'm tired of dealing with the corroding wheels. It likely was a pretty reliable car but it is just old and I'm done.

This is the first car I bought sight unseen. Not even a test drive. I haven't even been to the dealer. The first time I will step foot in the dealer's will be when I pick up my new car. But I knew what I wanted and I told the salesman in no uncertain terms what I expected to pay, and here we are. I am just waiting for him to call me and tell me they've got it ready for me to pick up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If I could plan the world, I'd have paid off one last bill to free up some monthly cash flow, and the chip shortage would have been well done with plenty of new stock to choose from by the time I bought my new Subie. That was my plan anyway, LOL. But I'm having issues with my old car and I won't put another dime into fixing it, so I am buying now, before the thing completely falls apart on me. At least right now used cars are a hot market so the dealer is giving me a decent trade-in (it's an old Pontiac Vibe).
I traded my vibe in for an Impreza hatch too! That car was super reliable but I didn't want to put money into it to keep it going and I hated front wheel drive. Especially in snow.

Sent from my Impreza using magic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I traded my vibe in for an Impreza hatch too! That car was super reliable but I didn't want to put money into it to keep it going and I hated front wheel drive. Especially in snow.

I agree. I think the Vibe is pretty reliable but I have to keep putting money into it to keep it on the road. The FWD is pretty good in snow but I'll bet it's nothing compared to AWD.

I pick up my new Impreza tomorrow morning. I'm so excited!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree. I think the Vibe is pretty reliable but I have to keep putting money into it to keep it on the road. The FWD is pretty good in snow but I'll bet it's nothing compared to AWD.

I pick up my new Impreza tomorrow morning. I'm so excited!
I'm excited for you! I really like mine except for the CVT.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I'm surprised you get yours just over a month since you placed the order. Maybe it was a dealer allocation...? 🤷

1 - 20 of 21 Posts