5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've done it and installed the rallitek 2" lift and the ecohitch trailer.

Here's my advice/tips for anyone doing the same:

You can do it with just 2 jack stands.

You want to have an Electric Ratchet Wrench or pneumatic equivalent, seriously it will save you a lot of work. I used this cheap one and it earned its keep: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0894L9F6Z

This video is very helpful and covers most of it:
For front struts, don't remove the top bolts in the engine bay until the end. In the video they remove the top bolts immediately and that is a mistake. Do that last.

When remounting the front struts, first thing you want to do is get them through the holes on top and get a bolt on so it holds it, then ratchet it down with electric wrench and do the others. Then you can mess around underneath. This is the way.

When doing the camber bolt, take a photo of it. I used a sharpie to mark it and couldnt find the mark when done. I took a photo for backup and that saved my ass.

If you're using a Rallitek lift, like I did, you do not need the Bracket Complete Stabilizer L/R. The Rallitek kit provides an alternative bracket (I suspect its just the crosstrek one) rather than the spacers they show on their website.

Use crosstrek endlinks for the rear. Installing the stabilizer is super easy, you just need to loosen a handful of bolts for the underbody and stick the bar through the gap. If you're not doing a lift just installing the rear bar is about an hour of work to loosen some bolts, stick the bar through, attach it to endlinks and bracket, and retighten the bolts. Torque specs available on rallitek pdf instructions.

If you're doing a hitch, remove the rear bumper and muffler right away to give yourself more room.
Hey Subarik,
I have all my parts and plan to jump on this over the weekend. When you say loosen the subframe bolts, did you physically remove them or just loosen enough to slide the bar through?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey Subarik,
I have all my parts and plan to jump on this over the weekend. When you say loosen the subframe bolts, did you physically remove them or just loosen enough to slide the bar through?
Thanks!
Just enough to slide it through.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all,
I want to install an ADF lift on my 19 sport 5mt. I don't feel at all comfortable doing this myself, and I don't trust the local shops. Any chance someone in upstate NY did this mod and wouldn't mind installing one for me (I'd pay for their time, obviously.
TIA

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi all,
I want to install an ADF lift on my 19 sport 5mt. I don't feel at all comfortable doing this myself, and I don't trust the local shops. Any chance someone in upstate NY did this mod and wouldn't mind installing one for me (I'd pay for their time, obviously.
TIA
I think you should just trust your shops , rather than someone on the internet. I just had my sway bars upgraded and they had to drop my subframe, shop got it done in 1 hour and no issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think you should just trust your shops , rather than someone on the internet. I just had my sway bars upgraded and they had to drop my subframe, shop got it done in 1 hour and no issues.
I agree with you, in principle. Issue is I don't know any reputable shops in Rockland County, NY, where I live. If anyone has any recommendations in Rockland County or Orange County NY I would appreciate it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts