5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I Started my car and my hill assist and traction control light were illuminated. Then my cruise control light started blinking and my check engine light turned on. As I continued to drive to get off the main Street, I realized I couldn't accelerate past 30mph. Pedal to the floor and no response. Took my car into Subaru, and of course, they want $290 just to look at it. They found code P2127 for the TPS sensor e circuit low. In order to troubleshoot, they said they would have to go through my car wire but wire to figure out what could exactly be wrong. Warranty you ask? 5 years or 60K. My car currently sits at 60,204 miles. Out of warranty...go figure...any help would be greatly appreciated
IMG_0199.PNG

·
Registered
811 Posts
Do you have an OBDII reader? I hooked mine up and with ignition on but car not started, off the gas is 4% and full pedal is 69%. That seems similar to my previous (non Subaru) car, so I think that's typical of a good sensor range. If you can check your sensor readings with an OBDII tool and if it's not very similar to this, then maybe go down the path of the TPS being bad.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
830 Posts
First thing I'd try is to call the Subaru 800 number 1 (800) 782-2783 explain about your warrantee and current mileage. They may make a good faith repair or partial. Can't hurt to try.

Beyond that I'd also try unplugging and plugging the harness plug in, that can't hurt either. I don't have high hopes for that but it's pretty simple. Also check your direct messages.

Oh and it's normal to have the CC stop working and other lights on when there is a check engine light, they just want to get your attention.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If this is the first occurance after 50K, the wire by wire look through would be a waste of time in my opinion. Out of desperation and with limited knowledge, I would lift one of the battery cables for of a kind of re-boot of everything electronic. Good luck.

·
Registered
811 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts