5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 2017 Impreza and I have checked every parts store I can think of, but none of them sell front brake pads...only the rear. I checked the dealer and of course they want $235 per side! There has got to be a cheaper way to replace pads then spending $470 just to do the front. Ordered some on Amazon and they didn't fit. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2018 Hatch 5MT
117 Posts
OEM front part # 26296FL05A - They go for about $75-85 on Subaru Parts, eBay, etc
OEM rear part # 26696FJ000 - Looks like a little bit cheaper, $65-75

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm fairly certain that the $235 was the INSTALLED price. Even Mercedes pads aren't hat expensive (aside from the carbon pads---YIKES!).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OEM front part # 26296FL05A - They go for about $75-85 on Subaru Parts, eBay, etc
OEM rear part # 26696FJ000 - Looks like a little bit cheaper, $65-75
Thank you Sedrubaru.(y) This is my first newer car so I'm not used to Napa not having what I need. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! $235 per side!?!? YIKES!
Thank you! Yeah, I never go to the dealers because I've always heard it's the most expensive way to fix a car. But I thought...oh...how bad could it be? Ouch! That's bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! That's a wealth of useful information.(y) I think incompetent would be the kind term...short of dishonest. Either way the result is the same. I see no reason to make another man's boat payment off my simple need for a brake pad change.?
Thanks again!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts