5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ! Current owner of a Subaru BRZ. Thinking a change towards an Impreza may be a good idea. Any opinions or insights ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Going for an Impreza is going to be a big change, unless you plan on getting an STi version once it gets revealed, at least then you should be able to exceed the power to weight ratio of your BRZ. But that really depends on what you want out of a car this time around.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It certainly seems like it would be.. size difference should be substantial too. I'm really just looking for more space/practicality. As you can imagine, the brz really doesn't have much room for anything at all

·
Registered
78 Posts
You'll be sacrificing a bit of performance but you'll be getting a lot more cargo space for it. Are you thinking of the hatch?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably not the hatch, but the cargo space will still be significantly different from what I have now regardless. I virtually have nothing lol ! Performance wise, I will definitely miss the suspension dynamics, and handling from the lightweight, RWD factor though. It's a fun car..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of going and buying an older Evo, I just feel too much like a traitor if I do that though haha

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was thinking of going and buying an older Evo, I just feel too much like a traitor if I do that though haha
At least you're open to other options, looking at the used market, I rather just get an older generation WRX STi.

Still liking the idea of owning one of these...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least you're open to other options, looking at the used market, I rather just get an older generation WRX STi.

Still liking the idea of owning one of these...
Those I've heard were great vehicles. Good power and handles great. Reliable. But I've always had a soft spot for the 2005ish.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That gen is indeed the truly iconic one and one with the largest aftermarket. If you're looking to do a lot of modifications and don't mind doing mods already widely done, then that would be a good option.

Outgoing gen I posted still has room left for creativity.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That gen is indeed the truly iconic one and one with the largest aftermarket. If you're looking to do a lot of modifications and don't mind doing mods already widely done, then that would be a good option.

Outgoing gen I posted still has room left for creativity.
Totally agree. Like everything possible has already been done to them, from widebody, clean and stance, to full on track beast GT looking type setups.

·
Registered
229 Posts
And even better by now i'm sure a lot of people in that community can vouch for a specific year model or year models that are ideal to get, helping to get away from various common issues and close to the ones with better options and the least problems.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Definitely ... I love how strong the automotive community is especially for the Impreza generations. Extreme amount of information available

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah no doubt. It's a road i'm willing to take if I don't get from this new generation what I want, even if its a temporary 1-2 year vehicle. Plus buying it used your financial loss over that short timeframe is minimal.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Definitely ... I love how strong the automotive community is especially for the Impreza generations. Extreme amount of information available
Oh it really is. The Subie guys in general are just such great die-hard fans it's incredible

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah no doubt. It's a road i'm willing to take if I don't get from this new generation what I want, even if its a temporary 1-2 year vehicle. Plus buying it used your financial loss over that short timeframe is minimal.
That's the thing, if the loss is minimal, I really don't mind too much

1 - 16 of 16 Posts