5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
What does that picture show? Nothing. Take a picture of your headlights against a wall. You might have gotten lucky, but I doubt it.
It's bad, and no matter how much proof of that gets posted, you still get people insisting it's fine.

And before you use Google to come back with the some factory HIDs were reflector, those reflectors were designed for it and used a different HID bulb.

Here is an example. Do it right or don't do it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The HID's in that pic are 18 years old the factory ones went out and the original owner put them in I didn't take a picture up against a wall because it didn't matter at the time fast forward a year and the driver side one went out I've got a new set in and they're great I was just showing old HID's and the blue tint looked nice I never had a problem with those too bad I never took a picture of the cutoff the new ones might be able to do it but ever since the accident they don't seem to cast light right you can see in the pic where I had to use zip ties to stitch the bumper together that's actually what the object of the photo was
this was last week when I finally got the replacement HID's crazy bright though

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk, you're pictures don't show anything usefully. Just because you stand in front of the car and it looks ok doesn't mean squat.

I'm trying to educate you so you don't blind oncoming traffic. I'm willing to wager your headlights are going to look like the ones on the right of my picture

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You're the one who came here I was just wondering why the kit didn't light up then thanks to that other guy I figured it out and thanks to the first guy that helped I figured out the diode dynamics LEDs are the best option if you had read my other comment I said before I go HID's I'm gonna cut up an aftermarket set to mess around with projectors and angel eyes.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
494 Posts
One thing I'm not crazy about with HID's is they are skewed towards the blue end of the spectrum. Blue light is the major component in glare and causes eye strain an pain to oncoming traffic. Blue light also scatters more. It's why they sell blue blocker glasses. At least with LED's you can get a whiter color that while bright , if properly aimed won't annoy people coming the other way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
One thing I'm not crazy about with HID's is they are skewed towards the blue end of the spectrum. Blue light is the major component in glare and causes eye strain an pain to oncoming traffic. Blue light also scatters more. It's why they sell blue blocker glasses. At least with LED's you can get a whiter color that while bright , if properly aimed won't annoy people coming the other way.
You know the old HID's in my Lincoln were blueish and yea it did cause some eye strain the 5500k isn't blue not that I can tell they look to be the same color as my silverstar highbeams

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hmm I used the harness this time and nothing, I hooked up both ballasts both bulbs and I connected the plug labeled OEM to the headlight plug and nothing, I switched the plug around because the plug can go in either way but it didn't matter I even had my wife start it and then turn the headlights and still nothing, oh well they were only placeholders til I can get the diode dynamics sl1's anyways, ill give the beamtechs a shot while I save up since everyone on here swears by them.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts