5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to hide some of the screens on the top display? the one which shows the pitch of the car, and the status of the AWD system etc.

it has soo many various options, but only about 2 of them are of any use to me, and would LOVE to be able to disable all the other ones.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not that I'm aware. Just don't click the info button on the screen .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
417 Posts
I just leave mine on coolant/oil temp. If I want to see anything else, I just cycle through the unwanted screens. Not really a big deal.
Those are default, for me, as well... and I've tried all the other options for the third one.

Currently I'm finding value in Throttle Angle... as another reference for my driving, and to some degree how the engine is working at different engine temps.

That we cannot select from a larger and more useful set of options is one of my disappointments with the display, not that it's unique to the Impreza. All my later Subys with that system have the same (lack of) options +-. I don't see a good reason for the limitation, any of the OBDII parameters should be optional, like AFR, LTFT, etc. :(

That said, I'm glad to have the Oil and Coolant gauges. The other things I get another way, but one day having it all available on the dash/HUD/etc would be the best.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK. I admit to my ignorance of the capabilities you describe. What is this 'top display?" How does one access it, and change the parameters being viewed?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It certainly does, Christal Imp. Thank you. I am wondering if the fact that I own a Premium Imp, and the video looks like a Sport or Limited model, if that will make a difference. Way too late to go into the garage and play, tonight - but I will try it tomorrow. My screen currently is much less sophisticated than any shown on this video - time/mpg stuff/something else, I cannot remember... Nothing in the video looks anything like my 2019 'top display.'

·
Banned
417 Posts
It certainly does, Christal Imp. Thank you. I am wondering if the fact that I own a Premium Imp, and the video looks like a Sport or Limited model, if that will make a difference. Way too late to go into the garage and play, tonight - but I will try it tomorrow. My screen currently is much less sophisticated than any shown on this video - time/mpg stuff/something else, I cannot remember... Nothing in the video looks anything like my 2019 'top display.'
Sorry, Byll, I did that "assume" thing because I've never seen other than the one I referenced. I've looked in the OM and it seems you're right. My bad. :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Since I kind of like my Premium model, I don't suppose I will trade up to a Limited, for a few more choices of gauge options. Heh Heh. Thank you, Chrystal Imp, for your help and your honesty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts