5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Hit a deer. Ruby got totaled

7K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  TwoTone 
#1 ·
Hit a deer and the damage was too severe so insurance totaled it

See less See more
#6 ·
This tragic loss makes me cringe, in memory. Not an Impreza, thankfully, but in my race car a long time ago. Nothing can replace the parts of you that go into some things. Nothing. Not even money.

In such times I remember advice I was fortunate to get early in my life from an older man I worked with, and have never forgotten. At the time I was being overwhelmed by pressures in a new job that threatened to drown me. His words were simple and I wrote them down, and framed them to sit on my desk. I applied his advice, successfully.

The words were: "Problems are opportunities for improvement."

Time and time again in later life that advice has allowed me to sequé mentally from the depths, toward that simple goal... learning from what had happened/is happening and doing what I can to make it/me/life better. It works every time... as long as you believe, and keep focused on that goal.

Whatever inside you that made your Impreza 'Ruby', I'm sure you'll use again, only better. Good luck. Let us know how things go. I like your work.

#12 ·
Well that just sucks :( Sorry to see this happened. I hope you are okay, that the important thing but still :( At first glance it does not look that bad but it seem it doesn't take much to total modern cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.