5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! So I’ve had my 17 Impreza Sport since Oct 2020 I’ve already done a few small modifications but I really love the look of a hood scoop, has anyone found a website that sells hoods with scoops for the Impreza ready made? I did find a local shop but the Quote of $2500-$4500 nearly caused me to faint!
Here is a pic of Alice
25BDE998-272F-49E7-9F42-E1FD058D8B44.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Limited
4 Posts
I've been looking myself and haven't found much tbh, other than the CrosstrWRX (the spliced front end of a WRX on a 16' Crosstrek if i'm not mistaken) as well as RumbleHatch's custom hood scoop that he did by splicing an OEM hood with a Legacy GT hood (
) <-- imo this looks killer.
In terms of OEM/Premade stuff, no I haven't found anything though.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
287 Posts
Get a stick on hood scoop and a paint match kit and glue/drill it into your hood. An actual hood scoop is going to reverse the air flow away from your engine intake.

Reactions: peaty

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get a stick on hood scoop and a paint match kit and glue/drill it into your hood. An actual hood scoop is going to reverse the air flow away from your engine intake.
I don’t have an intake yet 😂🤣 that’s on the list

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,174 Posts
I don’t have an intake yet 😂🤣 that’s on the list

All car's have intakes :) Well, all internal combustion engines ;) When they wind tunnel test cars they are made with a particular airflow in mind for aerodynamics. It manages the air, over the car, though the radiator for cooling, into the intake above the radiator. There are even around little flaps in front of each tire divert and eliminate the high pressure that can build up in front of the tire. Helps with MPG's. So cutting a hole in the hood will force air under the hood increasing the pressure where it most likely should be a negative pressure. This could reduce the amount of air flow through the radiator and negatively effect the cooling. I know the WRX has a hood scoop for the inter-cooler but the rest of the car was designed around it. Having said all that It's your car and you should do whatever makes you happy. Will putting a hood scoop on the car be extremely bad for it? Probably not but it may have some unintended consequences.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All car's have intakes :) Well, all internal combustion engines ;) When they wind tunnel test cars they are made with a particular airflow in mind for aerodynamics. It manages the air, over the car, though the radiator for cooling, into the intake above the radiator. There are even around little flaps in front of each tire divert and eliminate the high pressure that can build up in front of the tire. Helps with MPG's. So cutting a hole in the hood will force air under the hood increasing the pressure where it most likely should be a negative pressure. This could reduce the amount of air flow through the radiator and negatively effect the cooling. I know the WRX has a hood scoop for the inter-cooler but the rest of the car was designed around it. Having said all that It's your car and you should do whatever makes you happy. Will putting a hood scoop on the car be extremely bad for it? Probably not but it may have some unintended consequences.
You make extremely valid points, I definitely don’t want unintended consequences I want my hood to look a little more aggressive, not sure how I would do that then, everyone has said why don’t you just buy a WRX but for what I paid for my car I got a heck of a lot more upgrades/options and lower miles than I would have with an WRX

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,174 Posts
There are other things to do like rear diffuser, lip and splitters to make the car look more sporty. I could have gotten a WRX too but honestly, like you said, for the money it's hard to beat. My main reason for getting the Impreza is having a very good AWD system. I also wanted a manual. While it would be nice to have a little more power, I do like a fun driving and handling car. Just changing the tires and wheels can go a long way in that department. If you really want to get more out of the car and have fun doing it, find the local SCCA Auto-X club. Watch a few and then give it a go. You'll find people there are happy to show new people what it's all about. Some will even give you a ride along. Super cheap fun and a good way to really learn your car. Worse you can do is hit a cone or three :)

·
Registered
2019 hatchback sport 5 speed manual
30 Posts
There’s none out there, Seibon made one and so did duraflex but if you call the people with the listings they are no where to be found. I literally did a 2019 sti front end conversion on my 19 hatch just so I could run an sti hood and headlights for my top mount intercooler

1 - 11 of 11 Posts