5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2017 Impreza Limited without nav. Android Auto works fine from a Google Pixel, except the navigation instructions are quite loud. I haven't found any adjustments on the phone to quiet it down. I tried setting the instructions to "softer" it Google Maps, but couldn't detect any change, and the phone volume buttons don't affect how it sounds through Android Auto. I haven't found any of adjusting the volume on the car, either, with the volume control knob doing nothing. I asked Subaru customer service, but they were clueless. Does anybody out there know some way of quieting down navigation? We don't want to mute it, we simply want it not so loud.

·
Registered
730 Posts
We have a 2017 Impreza Limited without nav. Android Auto works fine from a Google Pixel, except the navigation instructions are quite loud. I haven't found any adjustments on the phone to quiet it down. I tried setting the instructions to "softer" it Google Maps, but couldn't detect any change, and the phone volume buttons don't affect how it sounds through Android Auto. I haven't found any of adjusting the volume on the car, either, with the volume control knob doing nothing. I asked Subaru customer service, but they were clueless. Does anybody out there know some way of quieting down navigation? We don't want to mute it, we simply want it not so loud.
When I use Apple maps I have to wait until the voice guidance comes on before I can adjust the volume, but I gotta be quick coz once they stop talking then it switches back to the radio volume. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, when AA is talking, the volume control will turn down the navigation. When the radio is playing, the volume control will turn down the volume of the radio. When you are on the phone, the volume control will turn down the volume of the voice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts