5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2020 Impreza, and damaged the plastic cover for the undercarriage; now it's hanging off partly and scraping on the ground. I'm in the process of trying to find how I'm going to replace it, but I want to take off the plastic so it doesn't scrape against the ground until it can get replaced. What would I need, tool wise, and how would I go about taking it off? I'm not very experienced with car maintenance and repairs, so I am not sure if I will be able to do it myself but I am just wondering what the process would be. Thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Touring 5dr
212 Posts
Iv seen replacement undertrays for previous years on rockauto for decent prices (under 50 Cdn) but if you've torn off your plastic pan, consider a real skid pan as it'll never hang (y)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Iv seen replacement undertrays for previous years on rockauto for decent prices (under 50 Cdn) but if you've torn off your plastic pan, consider a real skid pan as it'll never hang (y)
Yeah, I bought one of those Rock Auto cheapo fender liners once, for my old Scion Xd. It was about as thick as a sheet of paper. Never sat straight, either; always looked like it had already been through an accident. Go for the OEM part.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,608 Posts
I just did some work under our Outback yesterday and had to drop the hatch by the fog light. I have to say the plastic fasteners are a PITA to work with. The issue is if the fastener head is facing down, dirt tends to get in the plastic pedals on the top and they don't want to collapse properly. This makes it difficult to get then out. Sometimes hitting the head with your hand a few times will get the grit out of there but only if you are lucky. I bought a variety pack of replacement fasteners because I've broken more than a few over the years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.