5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're here! Going to clean interior and put them in tomorrow and will post some before and after pics!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got squirrelly with the exacto knife but other then that and the back hump section not being flat I love these things.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got squirrelly with the exacto knife but other then that and the back hump section not being flat I love these things.
I'm glad you posted pics of these. I see you have the same issue of the two front mats not being flush with the drivers side left and the passenger side left as well. There seems to be a small gap where the sides curve which, for me, hasnt gone away in the 2 months I've had them. Thought that would be something that would settle over time, but i guess not.

I was thinking of reaching out to Husky about this in the near future

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad you posted pics of these. I see you have the same issue of the two front mats not being flush with the drivers side left and the passenger side left as well. There seems to be a small gap where the sides curve which, for me, hasnt gone away in the 2 months I've had them. Thought that would be something that would settle over time, but i guess not.

I was thinking of reaching out to Husky about this in the near future
Dang..I kinda was hoping it would go away with use. I obviously never sit in back but would be nice for spills if anyone is back there. I was going to have a friend pull on the opposite side as me try and get it flush. Other then this and the non precut floor section I love how they fit and look!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also emailed Husky to send them photos to ask if this is common issue with this vehicle. I will let you know what they say.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine seem to fit a little better than the pictured ones in the back. Very small gaps going down each side but the top sits pretty flush. The driver side has a small gap on the inside part and the passenger side has a small gap on the outside part. Overall I?m satisfied with the way they fit. I wonder what the weather techs look like now.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine seem to fit a little better than the pictured ones in the back. Very small gaps going down each side but the top sits pretty flush. The driver side has a small gap on the inside part and the passenger side has a small gap on the outside part. Overall I?m satisfied with the way they fit. I wonder what the weather techs look like now.
I do wonder about the weather techs however your Huskys look to fit pretty well especially over the middle hump in back.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I do wonder about the weather techs however your Huskys look to fit pretty well especially over the middle hump in back.
I would say I got a good pair. They seem like they will protect 99% of what they cover. I ordered mine and they were not in stock. They shipped about a week after I ordered. I wonder if I got a fresh pair, if they tweek the dimensions each time they produce them based on feedback and fitment. Let us know what they say about yours.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would say I got a good pair. They seem like they will protect 99% of what they cover. I ordered mine and they were not in stock. They shipped about a week after I ordered. I wonder if I got a fresh pair, if they tweek the dimensions each time they produce them based on feedback and fitment. Let us know what they say about yours.
I sent them photos last night I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Husky's are good but the WeatherTech are awesome! I have had them both and my thoughts are this - if you're on a budget, get the Husky's. If you can afford the WeatherTech's, they are your best investment. They are made of a higher quality and more sturdy material and hold up far better over the long term. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Scooby

·
Registered
215 Posts
Anybody that?s looking to get Huskyliners I got an email for a so called private sale for 15 percent off the entire site. If anyone is looking to get a set, or something else the code is SAVE15 it ends Sep 25th. Not sure if it?s a 1 time use or unlimited, I?d guess unlimited since it?s a pretty generic code.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Did yours have an issue staying flush in the back over the hump in middle of floor?
Yes it does. I would much rather have WeatherTech mats. However they offer better protection around the pedal area compared to Husky. That is why I chose these.

·
Registered
215 Posts
From the pictures on their websites the weather tech only went up about half way the dead pedal in the MT. The husky liners cover the dead pedal completely that?s why I went with husky.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
To each their own my friend and we all have reasons for what we buy. However, if you tried the WeatherTechs you'd never go back to a Husky ever again...apples and oranges IMPO. I got suckered into the Husky based on price a few years ago after having had WT's for years in multiple cars. For me, the WT are worth twice the price.

Reactions: Scooby

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To each their own my friend and we all have reasons for what we buy. However, if you tried the WeatherTechs you'd never go back to a Husky ever again...apples and oranges IMPO. I got suckered into the Husky based on price a few years ago after having had WT's for years in multiple cars. For me, the WT are worth twice the price.
Yea idk if I would get the huskeys again I'm def gonna try weather tech next time or if these don't break in better..I like something about them but I thought they would be a little more form fitting.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What about them made you feel like you got suckered? What car did you buy them for?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It's not the car that matters...it was the quality of the material and the flimsiness of the product. I got suckered because I expected something similar in quality to the WeatherTech mats and quickly found that I was sadly mistaken. You really do get what you pay for.

I have no stock in this company but they do, without question, make the best automotive mats in the world...they are just a but pricey for many peoples liking.

·
Registered
215 Posts
$40 isn?t that much of a difference. The only difference I see like I said is the coverage on the floor in the pedal area, and the cutout on the gas/trunk. Otherwise they?re just floor mats

1 - 20 of 27 Posts