5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
There is an existing discussion thread regarding this recall... some of the questions have been answered there.

perhaps the moderators can combine these discussions?

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,174 Posts
The rear suspension (I think it's the torque on the end links) is for the Forester and Crosstrek not the Impreza I believe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had my 2019 Impreza recalled for the earlier ignition coil reprogram...which was completed months ago.

Subaru now says my 2019 Impreza is being recalled again for a ignition coil reprogram/inspection. No clarity at all about why the second recall...(ie) sounds very similar to the first.

Subaru is starting to seem like clowns in the little car at the circus.

I'll update thread once this gets sorted out.

·
ModFather
1,174 Posts
I asked and got this reply:

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to contact us.

This recall is on certain 2017-2019 MY Impreza and 2018-2019 MY Crosstrek vehicles to check and/or update the ECM reprogramming, and to replace all four ignition coils. This recall will also supersede Subaru’s previous WUQ-02 ignition coil reprogramming. Which is what you had completed, but this recall does not currently affect your vehicle. If that changes we will notify you of the needed recall.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.
Sincerely,

Syrie Sciulli
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer Advocacy Department
1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just got off the phone with the dealership and they confirmed my 2019 Impreza is indeed under this second ignition coil recall.

They are not taking appointments to fix this issue since they were told by Subaru USA just this morning (yeah right) there are only 6 parts available for this recall in the entire country.

I'll be contacted sometime in the future when parts are available.

The only hope is this clown show is such a cluster that they don't mean to include those already subject to the first recall but haven't figured that out yet.

I'll update thread as I hear more. Good luck.

·
ModFather
1,174 Posts
There is an existing discussion thread regarding this recall... some of the questions have been answered there.

perhaps the moderators can combine these discussions?
I looked and I don't see a merge option only move which won't help. I'm not saying it's not possible, I just don't see how.

FWIW the other thread is here:

Another Recall

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll take 4 new ignition coils. Better safe they sorry and just assuming the first recall covered everything. I didn't trust it the first time around, and look, it's come back...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ignition coil recall #2 completed today. Work order states replace ignition coils and reprogram.
~2 hours at dealership.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where abouts are you located? My dealer said they weren't able to complete the recall due to a national parts supply shortage and that anything in warehouse is being kept for emergency use repairs only. I wonder if a supply is slowly starting to come in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just had my recall done for the programming and coil replacement that supercedes the previous one on my Impreza. Coils were replaced. No faults stored and existing programming was good with no update needed. The odd thing is I lost 3mpg highway? I was getting 36.5mpg on a weekly trip I would make. Since the recall it dropped to 33mpg? Anyone got anything on that?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had all 4 of my coils replaced and ecu reprogrammed yesterday as part of this recall. Including an inspection and 36k service, I was there for 2 hours.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It would help the curiosity, at least mine, if people can post before and after MPG. And whether they noticed performance changes. To date, after racing the engine a bit, I often have this "rev hang" where car isn't really moving while the sound of the engine seems to be reving but not getting any traction. Just wondering if anyone experienced the same and whether this went away after the recall... anything else noticed would be great to know too!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had prior to the second coil change 36.6 mpg hwy. I went for the recall and went down to 33mpg (assuming ECU re learn) now I'm just shy of 40 mpg hwy.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
198 Posts
It would help the curiosity, at least mine, if people can post before and after MPG.
I'm only one tank of gas down after my coil replacement, but the tank before the recall was 31.1 mpg and the tank after the coil replacement was 36.26 mpg. Could just be a fluke, but my driving habits are pretty consistent (miles and highway:city driving). I'll update as the summer goes on and I'm doing my normal commute.

·
ModFather
1,174 Posts
Got my letter yesterday, I'm set up to go in on 6/18.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I dropped mine off after hours last night. Just waiting now...

·
Registered
380 Posts
I went to my local dealership in Springfield, VA, this past monday, exactly 1 hour after receiving the recall letter.
I rushed over there simply so I could take advantage of their free coffee machine. LOL.

This recall supersedes the previous ECM recall from a couple years ago.

Took about an hour, as expected, and all is good in the world. :D

21 - 40 of 44 Posts