5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm not sure how long it actually took but my appt was for 8:45 and I didn't get called that it was done until after 3:30. From the looks of it they only replaced the coils. I don't see anything about another SW update nor the exhaust pipe. So, a LONG time to do an hour job. They told me a couple of hours not over 6. Regardless though I wouldn't have been able to pick it up any sooner than I did so I am NOT complaining.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Exhaust pipe is only evaluated and replaced if the car has specific codes stored in the ECM that indicate possible damage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where abouts are you located? My dealer said they weren't able to complete the recall due to a national parts supply shortage and that anything in warehouse is being kept for emergency use repairs only. I wonder if a supply is slowly starting to come in.
I'm in the Houston market. I got the notice on June 8th about the recall contacted my dealership near me to verify. Next thing I knew my advisor had me setup within two days to fix the recall plus day to drop it off at 715am.

I didn't ask about the shortage of parts; however I did end up having my ignition coil pack replaced and ECM updated. Got my impreza back within 4 -5 hours after drop off.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine was done 2 weeks ago. At this point, can't really tell if there was any noticeable difference or not.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts